So I met this gorgeous young guy...

Jean M.
on 1/30/11 6:09 am
Revision on 08/16/12
And his name was Mr. Alex B. Pollyanna. And he told me he had band surgery in 2003, lost 100 pounds, had no complications and has kept the weight off for EIGHT YEARS. This guy is drop dead gorgeous (and also young enough to be my grandson) and if he hadn't told me about his band surgery, I wouldn't have believed he had ever been obese. He's a successful business man, devoted to helping other bandsters, and oh, did I remember to tell you he's kept the weight off for EIGHT YEARS?

Now, that's inspiring!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

jennylew
on 1/30/11 6:39 am - Hill AFB, UT

Hi Jean!
    What? And you didn't get your picture taken with this super hunk? LOL! That is very inspiring! Eight years... WOW! I hope that will be me some day! Sounds like he was a wonderful person also. You just never know who you'll meet along the path whose had WLS do you? That's awesome! (Next time, get his picture!) Ha! Ha! Ha!

Have a great rest of the day!

Jen-

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
Jean M.
on 1/30/11 8:46 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Jen,

I do
TamaraL
on 1/30/11 6:59 am
you should have told him you needed a picture and his name and phone number for your next book!!!!!

Tamara

Hislady
on 1/30/11 7:13 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh Jean you little tart, tempting us like that. I got the joke, wonder how many others will. Unfortunately I met his brother but at least he tried.
Lynn C
on 1/30/11 7:23 am
was he wearing sandals and curing the blind also?

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Jean M.
on 1/30/11 8:40 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Wow, Lynn. I hardly know where to begin in responding to a vulgar comment like that. You and I may not always agree, but until now, I thought you were a smart, civilized person. Apparently I was wrong. That does happen from time to time.

Anyway, suffice it to say that you never know when God will cross your path...you never know when God is alive in the person before you, no matter how strange that person may appear or behave. I doubt that's possible in your case, but I'll try to follow Christ's example and show tolerance to you no matter how difficult that might be and no matter how intolerant you behave towards others.

Jean

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

MARIA F.
on 1/31/11 2:00 pm - Athens, GA
On January 30, 2011 at 4:40 PM Pacific Time, Jean M. wrote:
Wow, Lynn. I hardly know where to begin in responding to a vulgar comment like that. You and I may not always agree, but until now, I thought you were a smart, civilized person. Apparently I was wrong. That does happen from time to time.

Anyway, suffice it to say that you never know when God will cross your path...you never know when God is alive in the person before you, no matter how strange that person may appear or behave. I doubt that's possible in your case, but I'll try to follow Christ's example and show tolerance to you no matter how difficult that might be and no matter how intolerant you behave towards others.

Jean

~I'll try to follow Christ's example and show tolerance to you~

Show tolerance toward ppl?! Jean is that REALLY what u think u do??? Insulting and attacking ppl on the band forum just b/c they don't beleive the things u do. That's what u call being a Christian and "tolerating" ppl?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Your Bible must be just a little different from my Bible!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jean M.
on 1/31/11 8:47 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

par·a·noi·a

[par-uh-noi-uh] Show IPA –noun 1. Psychiatry . a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission. 2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/11 11:06 pm - MN
WORST post I have EVER read on this board, Lynn. May God have mercy on your soul in the afterlife.

I have nothing more to say to you.
Most Active