Death from Lap-band surgery

pam57
on 1/30/11 7:47 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 I am so sorry for your loss.  As painful as this is for you, thank you for posting this so that others that are considering surgery can be reminded that there is always the possibility of serious and sometimes fatal complications. We all have a tendency to downplay the possibility of it happening to us.

I just read that two days after my surgery, another person in Beverly Hills died during Lap Band surgery.  You and your family are truly helping many families by pressing for answers and alerting everyone that these possible complications are real and can result in a loss of life and tragedy for the family members left to cope.

You and your family are in my prayers

Pam

reneekennedy11
on 1/30/11 7:52 am - CA
Yes Pam...Your right! Thats why I asked her who her dr was.   So scary,,,Dr Atul Madan was soppossed to be my dr and I was soppossed to have surgery with him the day this lady who just died...died in Beverly hills at the surgery center.  I had a horrible feeling about him and his staff all along...thank God I left him and went to Dr Feiz....Dr Feiz was like night and day compared to Dr Madan. I think alot of us dont really face the fact during any major surgery you have the risk of dying!
MARIA F.
on 1/30/11 8:08 am - Athens, GA

So sorry to hear about your sister!

FormerlyFluffy.com

marypatf
on 1/30/11 9:29 am
 I am so very sorry for your loss.  
It is such a terrible thing to lose a loved one. 
AS everyone above did say... every surgery has risks... 
I dont know if you had done research with her if it would have made a difference.  
Nobody really thinks any of the risks will happen.. I think if we did, no one would ever have ANY surgery..... 

HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

reneekennedy11
on 1/30/11 9:31 am - CA
Jo Mixx I grew up in scv:) 
Most Active