So what have you made recently

coachgrrl
on 1/29/11 8:54 am
 that hit the "spot"

I need some ideas...

Tonight I baked some chicken sausage and put together a salad of arugula/shaved romano cheese and peeled sliced cut-up fresh pear in a red vinegarette. That really tasted YUM!

So what'**** the "spot" lately???

Cheryl K.
on 1/29/11 9:19 am
I watched a Hungry Girl episode I recorded.  I just baked some Kale and a chip swap out.  I love it!  Wash & dry fresh kale, place on baking sheet, spray with olive oil spray or drizzle w/ olive oil and sprinkle with salt or whatever seasonings you want and bake for 10 minutes.  Much better than cooked kale the old fashioned way and crunchy.  Can eat as much as you want.

I also baked her brownie muffins - Chocolate cake mix and 15-oz can of pumpkin pulp mixed together.  That's it.  2 ingredients.  Scoop into muffin tins and bake about 30 mins at 350.  About 180 cals a muffin and very rich.

Lisa O.
on 1/29/11 10:11 am - Snoqualmie, WA
My weekend got hi-jacked with other commitments but I was going to make my favorite turkey chili from the Hungry Girl 1.2.3. Cookbook.  I make it in the crock pot and it's delish!  I thinks it's called 5 alarm turkey chili.  Note:  If you make the recipe use only one pepper in adobo sauce and don't touch them with your hands or breath in when you open the can!  They are potent!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

coachgrrl
on 1/29/11 10:12 am
 Mmmm that Kale sounds great.  Is it crunchy like a chip?

I roast brussel sprouts by tossing them with a little EVOO salt and pepper.  Yummy.  Can't eat more than 1 cut up...but I do enjoy it!

Cheryl K.
on 1/30/11 2:43 am
Very crunchy, but too fragile for dipping.  She did have a creamy dip I want to try.  Greek yogurt and salsa mixed!  She was serving it with baked flat bread chips.  Olive oil spray gives things that bit of oil that holds the salt on without getting too much of either.  I made her baked butternut squash fries (peel & cut up squash into strips, spray with EVOO, salt and bake at 35 for about 30-40 mins) and served them with turkey burgers on sandwhich thins.  We both ate our fill.  Very good lunch.

reneekennedy11
on 1/29/11 10:45 am - CA
Hungry Girl cookbooks are the best!
steelerfan1
on 1/29/11 11:51 am
those hungry girl cookbooks are they low fat receipes ? and is the receipes just ordinary food ?

I know alot of cookbooks I have looked at lately have all these weird ingrediants in it that we dont carry around here and to be honest some of them foods my family just wont eat .

so trying to find a cookbook that is every day ordinary foods made good but low fat

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Lisaizme
on 1/30/11 5:35 am - TX
Hungry girl has a website and a newsletter, that way you can try out her recipes before buying a cookbook.

I really like her "eggs in a mug" ideas.. easy and fit the bandster way of eating.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

NCB1997
on 1/29/11 12:23 pm
Out and about today, had Wendy's chilli. Not sure if anyone has ever made or seen sugar free cakemix? Made by Pilsbury. I found it at Walmart and also has frosting to go along with it. I'll be saving that for a cupcake valentine treat.
Have a good Sunday everyone!
Nancy B.    
Cheryl K.
on 1/30/11 2:51 am
I haven't seen that.  I will have to check it out.  But actually, I find I tend to eat less of something if I know it's the real thing.  For some reason the artificial sweetners leave me thinking I can have more and less than satisfied.  I would be interested in finding out how it turns out.  I make the Hungry Girl chocolate muffins last night with a box of dk cho cake mix and a can of pumpkin.  They are delish!  I should have used paper cups in the muffin tin though.  They are crumbly.  There is sugar and white flour in them, but no oil or eggs and lots of vitamin A and fiber with the pumpkin.

Most Active