Way OT: Anyone have Nook? Kindle?

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:50 pm - Savannah, TN
Hi Trixie,

My fiance just finished  the biography of Ben Franklin on audio book.  He found it interesting until he got to the end...he said it ended abruptly.
-Mari-
on 1/29/11 7:02 am
I have the cheaper Kindle, you can check email and facebook on it. I have wireless at home so have no problems. The majority of the books are 10.00, but they have plenty of free and under 3.00 books. You can order books from any computer or from the Kindle itself. The kindle has a keyboard on the bottom of it. It's so lightweight and easy to use. You can "google" compare Nook and Kindle to see the differences, I think Nook is a very good item, too. It has color and a touch screen. The IPAD is good if you want to do many things. The best thing to do is figure out what the important features, to you, are and then choose.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
steelerfan1
on 1/29/11 7:38 am
thanks Ladies !!  gosh both of them sound so nice I will have to look into this for sure now !!

Thanks for the great explanation's on them

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

sknd34
on 1/29/11 10:47 am - West Fargo, ND
I have the nookcolor and love it!!!!  If you take it into Barnes & Noble, they also have a reduced price list that pops up for you to purchase, just for coming into the store with your nook.
Michelle F.
on 1/29/11 1:44 pm
I got a Kindle DX for Christmas and I love it!  I was a holdout for years on an eReader, I love the feel and smell of a book, but once I got started playing with my Kindle, I fell in love with it!  Plus Amazon has lots of free book downloads to boot!
Kim F.
on 1/29/11 1:56 pm - CA
I love my Nook Color...we are connected everywhere I go. I love to have a library,but we can't haul our bookshelves. My husband decided that my love for researching health topics and reading..
katmom_02
on 1/30/11 1:08 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13
I have a Sony e-Reader. My DH got it for my for my b-day just over a year ago. I do love it, but the biggest adjustment is missing the FEEL of an actual BOOK in your hands. You should all check out e-bay....lots of e-books for sale cheap. I got the entire dark hunter series (Sherrilyn Kenyon)AND the entire dark tower series (Stephen King)...for under $30. I also got the Talisman and Dark House for like $6. I just make sure that the peoples that I buy from have a good 'score'.

shamr0ck
on 1/31/11 4:36 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 12/20/10
I got one of the first Kindles released, and have upgraded each time they come out with a new version, giving away the old one.  I love them, and read even more now.  I prefer the e-ink over the lcd screens, so probably will never go to a color e-reader.
adorkbl
on 1/31/11 5:00 am
I thought the lcd would bother me... but I do most of my reading in bed so I like having the backlight. Plus I like that I can go online with it, check my email, etc. It is almost like a mini iPad.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

adorkbl
on 1/31/11 4:55 am
I have the NOOKcolor too and I LOVE it. I am reading ALL the time now. I wish Jean's Bandwagon book would go Ebook as well.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Most Active