Way OT: Anyone have Nook? Kindle?

Cheryl N.
on 1/29/11 1:53 am - Des Moines, WA
I got a NookColor for christmas and I LOVE IT!  I have read a couple books already and a couple magazines. 

Now I wish Jean's bandwagon books could be in ebook format.    

I am so glad to be reading again because it hurts my hands to hold book. 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Brown_Eyed_Girl2010
on 1/29/11 2:44 am
Lap Band on 12/02/10 with
I have the IPAD and use both the nook and kindle on it.  Have you read Eat, Pray. Love yet?  Awesome book.  It would be great to get a group of people together who have the nook or nook ap and share books.  I started with the kindle and love the e book readers.  Best invention ever.

Starting Weight 309  Surgery Day Weight 267  Goal Weight 170     
Lisaizme
on 1/29/11 3:37 am - TX
I got a Kindle for Xmas.. been loving reading classic Jane Austin Novels ..
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Bette B.
on 1/29/11 4:37 am
 Talk to Kate P. She's got one.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

SMMORE
on 1/29/11 5:00 am - SC
I received a Kindle from my sister and love it................  Book a cover which also has a small light installed.
Sue

steelerfan1
on 1/29/11 5:03 am
I was thinking of getting one I love to read you should see my upstairs closet I got four huge boxes of books lol

I have a question how much does it cost for you to download a book ? I guess you download it lol .

I dont really know much about these things just from what I have read on here and FB from others

Is it like  a puter and does it do other things then read ?  lol okay Im so clueless on this thing lmao

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

confusedturtle
on 1/29/11 6:00 am - Norfolk, VA
Oh I have been wanting to buy one of those, but I know nothing about them.  How much are they (color model) and does it cost extra to get the books for it...how do you get the books for it?  Right now I buy books on half.com but it'd be cool to take one of those places.  I read all kinds of books like mystery and stuff but there are some I'd feel odd taking to pick up the kids at school (romance novels....my dirty little secret) and this would be great. Do they store the books you buy for it or is it a pay by the month or rental kinda deal?  Is there a subscription or monthly fee or anything like that.  I feel like the riddler, all I do is ask tons of questions on this board    sorry 
Cheryl N.
on 1/29/11 6:25 am, edited 1/29/11 7:48 am - Des Moines, WA
Nook color costs $249, includes wi-fi (internet).  Noncolor nooks costs less.   There is no monthly fees.

Books are cheaper to buy to download on e-books.

Nook, you can borrow ebooks from library for two weeks and when two weeks is up, it disappears off the nook.

I don't know much about Kindle, though because I mostly researched Nook and there were lots of positive reviews on kindle and nook.  I can even facebook on Nookcolor.

On Nookcolor you can lend books to friends who also have Nookcolor (I think) ....

Barnes and NObles does classes on how to use Nook.

Also if you go to B& N , you get free one hour of reading anybook on Nook on their wifi.

can also read magazines on NOok Color.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 6:38 am
I have a Kindle and I LOVE it! I'm one of the least tech savvy people I know but I will try to explain what they are and how they work:

Click here to see what they look like

They have 2 kinds: one that has free wireless internet access for $189 and one that doesn't for $139. I bit the bullet and sprung for the one with internet access -- which is nice but not necessary.

The basic jist of it is you download books from the Amazon site which was surprisingly easy for me, plus they have tons of free books too. A lot of old classics are free like Treasure Island and Little Women. Forgot how much I loved those. You can find an awful lot of books to download in the $10 range. Once you put one on it stays on your reader as long as you want and you and have something like 3000 on it I think.

You can also download a copy of  magazine or newspaper but keep in mind you don't see all the pics like you would when reading a paper copy. It's so nice to be able to haul out my little kindle from my purse and read away in waiting rooms or on my lunch hour at work.  

Other than our tv and computer, this is the most expensive piece of electronics I've ever owned but I had wanted one for a long time and am really glad I treated myself. So far, I haven't paid for one book yet as I'm still reading through the freebie ones. Am on a biography of Ben Franklin right now -- boring to most people I know, but to me it is pretty interesting.

Trixie
confusedturtle
on 1/29/11 6:44 am - Norfolk, VA
Wow they sound awesome!  Im excited that you can facebook on them too.....Im a facebook junkie    Maybe after we get our tax return I will truy to get one, it will be very handy for upcoming appointments.
Most Active