acid reflux?

Karen R.
on 1/28/11 2:38 pm - Gering, NE
I have not had a fill since July, have an appointment on Wednesday.  All of the sudden last week I started waking up with acid reflux...any suggestions or insight on why?

On the road again....so glad to be on the road again.... 

Kate -True Brit
on 1/28/11 5:17 pm - UK

Stress, illness, temperature, allergies, TOM can all make the band tighter. Eating too late, spicy foods, caffeine can all encourage acid reflux! But i am sure you know all that.

You are right to see your doc - best wishes, Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

HPhelps_30
on 1/29/11 4:53 am

I never had reflux until I got my band and it was one of the worst things I ever experiencd. I tried EVERYTHING (antacids, pepto, sleeping in the recliner) and nothing worked but then I realized that if I stopped eating past 6:00 that I didn't have it so for the past several years I do not eat past 6:00 unless I want to be up with reflux. And when Im tempted to eat something at night, I just remember that awful taste of acid in my mouth and that I would rather be sleeping instead of choking on acid reflux.  

Karen R.
on 1/29/11 5:46 am - Gering, NE
Thanks!  I have thought of this also but dont get off wor****il 6:30ish so usually at least 7:15 before I eat and then I never eat after that.  An earlier post mentioned cafienne and at times I do have a diet coke at night...I am going to try some of these suggestions.  Thanks!

amystone
on 1/29/11 9:23 am

WHAT? Diet Coke. Does your surgeon allow that? I was told absolutely no carbonated drinks. I haven't had a soda since October 2008.
Karen R.
on 1/29/11 9:28 am - Gering, NE
yes he does.  I have it over ice, let it sit to let all the fizz out.  yes he does allow it.

reneekennedy11
on 1/29/11 11:13 am - CA
WOW DIET COKE?! IM JEALOUS! ENJOY ONE FOR ME !
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/29/11 1:26 pm - Mexico
You might be just a tad too tight. No food or drinks 3 hours before you go to bed. Take a PPI, don't tolerate reflux.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active