Mushy foods?

reneekennedy11
on 1/28/11 7:12 am - CA
One week pre op today and dr said I can start mushies? Anyone have a suggestions of what went down well for them? 
Shaesnana
on 1/28/11 7:24 am - Davenport, FL
Congrats on your surgery!  I wish you the best!

For me, anything I could mash with a fork.  I ate soft veggies, cott cheese, eggs, egg salad,
tuna and ham salad.  To make your ham or tuna salad use the food processor with lite mayo.
You want it fine.   I know others ate mashed pot both white and sweet.  That was not recommended by my dr.   I put strawberries in the food processor.  Some folk ate oatmeal.
Enjoy!!  The first food I ate after my liquids for both pre-op and post op weeks was egg salad and it tasted like heaven!!

adorkbl
on 1/28/11 7:25 am, edited 1/28/11 7:26 am
Refried beans. I lived on those for awhile. I also did baby food. It was easy and shockingly I got full on a jar of baby food.

edited to add: Oatmeal. How could I forget? That was the best tasting stuff on the planet when I could finally move off liquids!!

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Cocobean
on 1/28/11 9:53 am
 unsweetened applesauce and real fruit smoothies.  I'm also a huge fan of soft poached eggs.  

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." ~ Mark Twain
Wendybrum
on 1/29/11 12:31 am - Oceanside, NY
anything you can but in a blender or magic bullet .
my two favorite mushies (blended) chili and stir fry veggies.
wendy

Most Active