Negative Nancies Need NOT TO RESPOND

coachgrrl
on 1/30/11 10:19 am
 Seconding the "block" suggestion.

I have I think 9 people blocked and find this board a MUCH nicer more positive place.

Seriously 9 (NINE) out of how many hundreds of people *****ad/post here.

Makes a HUGE difference...

Just sayin'

reneekennedy11
on 1/30/11 10:24 am - CA
Im sure we have some of the same NINE blocked :) 
MARIA F.
on 1/30/11 10:40 am - Athens, GA
Actually I have never blocked anyone on here. I have gotten more than my share of nasty c omments, but I never blocked anyone b/c I feel if someone is going to say these things about me that I have the right to read what they say and defend myself.

A lot of ppl do use the block feature though and are very fond of it! ;-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Nic M
on 1/30/11 11:59 pm
You really can't have it both ways... muzzle the people who have had complications... but then expect them to come to the aid of others when needed.  And, those of us who have had complications from banding shouldn't have to feel like we can't talk about it. Especially when it's in an attempt to help others avoid a similar fate.

Those of you who have researched and feel good about your decision shouldn't be bothered by any of it. But, I see postings every single day on this board that leads me to believe not everyone does that thorough of a job in researching. Then, after banding, when they have shoulder pain, constipation, trouble keeping food down,etc. they seem surprised that no one told them about these things.  People going into a life altering surgery should know all the facts... good and bad. It's imperative. The band might seem like an "easier" surgery, but it surely isn't. And potential banding patients need to know this.

The internet is a funny place... you have to take what you need and leave the **** that bugs you behind. But to demand that others post as you WANT them to is a losing battle, I'm afraid.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Stephanie M.
on 1/31/11 12:17 am

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 12:44 am - Mexico
Stephani...

How do you figure I work for my surgeon? Do you see me pushing him? I actually suggest to banding people they NOT go to MX.

You are seriously grasping for straws here and looking kind of silly in the meantime.

The OP of this thread is posting wrong information such as if your doctor and aftercare are good you WILL be fine with a band. That's just not true. People use these boards for research, they deserve to know the truth and nothing but the truth.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
speck
on 1/31/11 1:21 am, edited 1/31/11 1:31 am
On January 29, 2011 at 10:21 PM Pacific Time, reneekennedy11 wrote:
I think I may leave this site....I am a very positive person and this site has become alot of negativity and I don't need that nor want it. I did tons of research on my wls of choice....I made my decision...and I have trust in GOD I will survive and succeed! I know tons of people and family members who have done many types of different WLS...And some have failed and some have done awesome! Some complications and some none! Most of them have said it was either not doing enough research on their surgeon and the aftercare there...and others were not fallowing all the rules. Some WLS just isnt for some people....But why is it all the FAILED BANDSTERS feel the need to come into the LAPBAND FORUM and do nothing but talk trash about the band and shove it down our throats? It really makes me mad! I understand your trying to help...but seriously! Im here to make friends and cheer along people for their accomplishments not bash them for their WLS of choice! Lets stay positive people...If not go to the MAIN FORUM and ***** and complain all you want! and yeah so what if I have had the band 8 days or 8 years...I can do the same research you can! Just wish me luck and get the heck outta here! xoxoxo

I like you! Stay. :)

And by the way, I don't feel the need to go to the gastric bypass forum and say, "beware, I know of several people who have died from this surgery" or "did you know....

It's like other things in life...works for some, some it doesn't.

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 1:43 am - Mexico
Stephanie....

I disagree with the mere fact that my surgeon even DOES bands. What I do agree with is their coordinators are very honest and up front about band stats and they don't do many at all anymore.

When I had my revision to a sleeve my surgeon told me that 3 years prior they were doing 1 sleeve to every 30 bands. At the time of my revision he told me they were doing about 20 sleeves to every 1 band. I adore my surgeon but I do wish he would join many other doctors and just not do them at all anymore. But, it's no my business and I have no say so in how he runs it.

When you and Kate stop the double standards you'll have a bit more credibility. But you do have double standards. You chastise me for being 'mean' but you didn't write a bloody word about the wrong info posted, the bigotry, the multiple IDs, the name calling, the vulgarity on the part of banded people. The double standards don't make you look good at all.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active