Negative Nancies Need NOT TO RESPOND

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 6:58 pm, edited 1/29/11 6:58 pm - alexandria, VA
I have usually lurked this board most of time, I do agree it's way too much negativity with the band here, and what is so sad I've had so much sucess with my band and so have many of my friends in my support group. I think OH is becoming a disservice to post here and many people who are successful no longer post, we are not having complications and have lost our weight and happy and don't have long term life threatening complications resulting from our band so why should we come here? I've also noticed that some people who have lost their weight still do not like the band?? I am very happy with my band and the weight that I've lost with it. There is another site you may want to visit it's called http://band2gether.net/ you may want to check that out.  As you can see this board is getting less and less activity these days most successful people no longer come here, it's mainly those that do not like their bands, and that is a disservice for OH to allow this.

I honestly think people miss their bands and since they got their revision they have not been successful with it so that is the reason why there is so much bitterness, I think I would be bitter too if I paid cash for a surgery and got a complication and had to get the band removed and then had to revise over to another surgery and it did not work either.

Jazzired
on 1/29/11 9:12 pm
IF this is about by post, I am sorry ,It was misunderstood, I was just trying to put the book (bandwagon) out to people. It helped me to understand how to live with my band. Some people do better than others. I am doing just fine with my band now, sometimes I want more weight lose, I have lost 60 and need 40 more, the harder it gets , the more it think negative, so I come here to get support.  But I see I can't get support here, because I now feel more people are giving up on negative people. I will not post again.  good day to you all. O and by the way Jean , thank you for writing the book , I will get my support  for you.

Lisaizme
on 1/29/11 9:53 pm - TX
I don't think it was about the thread you started, but rather about some of the replies it generated. 

Congrats on your weight loss, yes, the closer we get to goal the harder it is to lose.  I'm there myself.  I started taking monthly measurements to encourage myself.. that helps.  Even when the scale isn't moving sometimes the inches are changing.

If you don't want to post again, that's ok. But hope you will reconsider and stay.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/29/11 10:49 pm - TN
Jazzired,

I hope you will continue to feel comfortable to post here. This forum should be used for support for the good and the bad associated with the band. I would even venture to say that people having trouble working their band or having complications with their bands may be especially in need of support. I know I was devastated when I began to have trouble with mine. I so badly wanted it to be the answer and I had such a good first year with it that it was very emotional to  have to lose it. It was a low point and support would have been comforting.

There are complications related to every WLS and lots of people come here to OH to research the good, the bad, and the ugly of the surgery they are considering. We don't have any obligation to help future patients, but most people want to offer support and share their experiences. This is true for people who have had stellar band experiences and for those who have had complications or removals. Please hang around and continue to share your experiences, good and bad.

Lindsey

reneekennedy11
on 1/30/11 2:52 am - CA
No this had nothing to do with your post:) 
Jean M.
on 1/30/11 12:11 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Kate and I are successful bandsters who are committed to positive participation here on the OH band forum. So that's two. And when two or more are gathered in his name...ooops, wrong prayer...when two or more are gathered in the name of genuine support, you've got yourself a Pollyanna Club meeting! Open to everyone, even the negative nancies, but they generally can't get their combative jollies out of a positive post and move on.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Jean M.
on 1/30/11 12:37 am
Revision on 08/16/12
We also need to keep in mind that many successful bandsters no longer post on OH not because they're turned off by the atmosphere here but because they're off doing all the things they had dreamed about doing...having babies, traveling, busy with new jobs/hobbies/exercise/community or church activities. Or like I did last fall, they've had to take a break because they're dealing with some major life events, like the death of a parent, moving to outer Mongolia, or a serious medical issue that's entirely unrelated to WLS.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Bette B.
on 1/30/11 4:54 am
I'm somewhere in the middle: I'm not off doing all kinds of fun crap because we are up to our butts in snow right now, but I haven't been driven off by negativity, either. I just don't post every day and never respond to every post, so maybe some people think I am not around. Far from it: I've been here longer than almost ANYONE and will continue to be around to support anyone who needs it, and to dole out the asskickings to those *****quire one, myself included.

I have no problem with negative comments about the band as long as they:

1) are posted by people who HAVE or HAVE HAD a band. If you've never personally been banded and you don't know what band life is like, STFU.
2) don't go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on (you get the idea)
3) aren't presented by combative, antagonistic, insulting, condescending a-holes (and in MY opinion, Maria and NM do NOT fit that description.) Those who strike me as complete and total d-bags get blocked.

Basically, if you can read this message, you're okay in my book. If not, you're a d-bag.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

steelerfan1
on 1/30/11 5:24 am
LMAO Bette, I love how you just tell it how it is :o)  I dont have the nerve to do that sometimes but we can always count on you I love it !!!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Bette B.
on 1/30/11 5:29 am
 The older I get, the less time and patience I have for *****footing around people. If you're a d*ck, an a-hole or a d-bag, I've probably told you at one time or another. Just wait a couple of months: I am WAAAAY worse when my hair is gone.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Most Active