The book Bandwagon

Jazzired
on 1/29/11 4:29 am
I wish I had found the book  ( bandwagon) Before  I got the band. I would have gotten a different surgery. If you are thing or just got the band, get this book and read it, this book will walk you through it. Good luck. I am not saying the band doesn't work , just that i am not sure if I made the right choice.

Jean M.
on 1/29/11 5:10 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Are you saying that Bandwagon is making you second guess your WLS decision? It wasn't my intention to scare anyone, but I did want to give as clear a picture of what's involved in succeeding with WLS, and quite a few post-ops have told me that the things I said in Bandwagon apply to anyone having any kind of WLS. An acquaintance who hasn't had WLS and doesn't intend to told me that Bandwagon applies to anyone who struggles to manage their weight, with or without WLS.

If there's something specific in the book that's making you wonder if you did the right thing, please let me know. Maybe I can clarify the issue, reassure you, or at least explain myself better.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Jazzired
on 1/29/11 9:04 am
I dont think the book persay is making me second guess my choice of the surgery, I think the struggle I am having to lose weight makes me question the surgery. Your book has answered many questions I have had. The book has also been correct about the process and has helped me break my pleateu. I have recommneded the book to others who have had WLS.

Jean M.
on 1/29/11 10:09 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
A few months ago I spoke at a WLS support group meeting. I did my best to be upbeat and positive (which is after all my modus operandi), but I also emphasized that weight loss is hard work no matter how you achieve it - WLS, diet pills, diets, etc. When I looked out at my audience, their sullen faces told me that I was saying something they didn't want to hear.

In a recent issue of Bandwagon on the Road, I wrote about a hypothetical case of an unsuccessful bandster in order to illustrate how many factors can influence weight loss. There really is no easy answer. There's no cure for obesity right now so we have to do our best with the knowledge and tools available to us now. I hope that in 20 years, scientists will have come up with a risk-free solution, maybe an innoculation to prevent obesity.

Jean

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

star1_13_80
on 1/30/11 4:30 am - HOUSTON, TX

Please read my post and reply ...I need some help badly.  The title of my post is ...please help .

svera
on 1/29/11 5:18 am - Long Beach, CA
 I think the biggest problem with lapband is peoples perception.....Its all those advertisements saying "eat what you want and lose weight". Really? Isn't that what we were all doing to begin with that got us into the predicament of needing WLS? All of these shady WLS centers are like the puppy mills WLS no good! They do a real disservice to desperate people looking for help by leading you to believe that your portion of the work is just getting surgery its bull!
   Sara Vera                  
Jean M.
on 1/29/11 10:02 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Amen to that!

Crrtina
on 1/29/11 3:29 pm - Thibodaux, LA
I ordered Bandwagon this week. I'm looking foward to reading it.
Jazzired
on 1/29/11 8:37 pm, edited 1/29/11 8:37 pm
this book will help anyone that has any ? , I open this book ever day. She did a great job .

Most Active