Does calories in still count when PBing?

Cheryl N.
on 1/28/11 1:49 am - Des Moines, WA
when you PB, do you lose calories? 

I am wondering because I have not lost much weight lately bec of PBIng and lose calories?  Lack of calories? 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

melly37
on 1/28/11 2:14 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
You know, I went through some of that in summer, 2009.  I think I was already getting a slip, but didn't know it.  I was PBing a lot, sometimes on water, even.  I lost some weight initially, but then nothing at all.  I am guessing that my body was conserving everything since I wasn't eating and was dehydrated.  I hope you aren't having the same problems!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

harmony9975
on 1/28/11 6:09 am
I am new to all the terms----what is PBing???
Harmony
Jean M.
on 1/28/11 9:40 am
Revision on 08/16/12
PB = productive burp

when you regurgitate what you just ate

not the same as vomiting because the rejected food comes from the esophagus or upper stomach - hasn't spent enough time down there to acquire much bile

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Jean M.
on 1/28/11 9:44 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Cheryl,

I'm not sure what you're asking. When you PB, yes, you lose some calories, but presumably you've managed to keep down some of that food and acquire its calories before the PB happened.

Is PB'ing related to weight loss? In a sense, yes. When I PB a lot because my eating skills are poor or I'm just too tight, I tend to favor soft or liquid calories (smoothies, frozen yogurt, ice cream) that provide a lot of calories and no satiety. So for me, a lot of PB's = a lot of extra low-quality calories = weight gain, not loss.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active