Post op day 4...hungery?

mxt009
on 1/29/11 7:23 am - OH
I was banded 1/25/10. Until today I hadnt felt really hungery and had been doing well with the full liquids. Today I am miserable. I had to cook for my family and it killed me. I need suggestions please..I have to get past this bc i have been so grumpy today trying to deal with this. What can
I do to satisfy my hunger without going off track?  Please help.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/29/11 8:49 am - Mexico
I would really urge you to go super low carb until you are on real food. The blood sugar spikes are going to be a killer from the carbs.

Since I have a sleeve I am not over producing Ghrelin, the hunger causing hormone so I don't really experience hunger anymore. BUT... if I overdo with white carbs I get that old nagging hunger again.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
twinkles_064
on 1/29/11 10:34 am
My doctor had me drink 4 carnation drinks a day plus as much broth as i could handle.  popsicles and freezepop were also a lot of help
reneekennedy11
on 1/29/11 10:42 am - CA
Oh girl I feel your pain!I was Banded on 1-21..a few days before you and on the 4th day I almost died of hunger! What helped me was egg drop soup!!! Best thing ever!!! Plus with the little bit of egg you get protein! My dr okayed it and it was amazing! As of yesterday I got put on very mushy foods and its soooo much better! For breakfast I had a protein shake...lunch tuna and dinner pinto beans :) 
T. Christian
on 1/29/11 1:18 pm
Monday I'll get to mushy foods! I cannot wait!
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/29/11 12:55 pm
Yup! The swelling is subsiding and your tummy will get hungry now.  Just sip all day - and try to get your protein in as well as possible to keep you satiated.  This is normal - it's called, "Bandster Hell."  The time after surgery before you get your first fill!  Hang in there!  You can do it!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

T. Christian
on 1/29/11 1:15 pm
I'm on day 5 post op and I was able to eat cream of potato soup (thinned of course). It totally hit the spot. Try tomato soup, V8, cream or celery, chicken or mushroom (thinned). Also I had Real Italian Ice cups (made with Splenda) from Aldis pr real fruit juice popcicles.  Or to curb my hunger I'll make a protein shake and sprinkle a little bit of instant coffee in the cup.  Delish.

Hang in there hun!
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

mxt009
on 1/30/11 12:08 am - OH
Thank you all for your support and encouragement!  i made it through the night and hopefully I can make it thru the rest of this. I didnt know there was a thing called "bandster hell"   lol....  I have another week of liduids and then I can go onto mushy food. I can not wait. On the bright side I have lost 7 pds since surgery. Im so ecxited!  Thanks again girls!!!
cheechtrish
on 1/30/11 3:36 am - DE
Adjustable Gastric Band on 02/01/11
Glad you made it okay! :)
just 'keep your eye on the prize"  as they say :)

not looking forward to that myself
and a bit confused- some folks aren't hungry at all after surgery- some are.... so do you feel any restriction at all?

my day is tuesday! :)
getting excited
being on these boards is good for me- makes me feel more and more excited about it every day
!
not focused on the fact that i haven't eaten today- or tomorrow.....
mxt009
on 1/30/11 10:29 pm - OH
Thank you! I keep telling myself that everything im going through will be worth it in the end.  I think i feel a little restriction. Its all so new to me that Im trying to learn what all these feelings are.

Good luck tomorrow! It will all get better as Im learning day by day!
Most Active