Emotional eating

coachgrrl
on 1/28/11 3:52 am
 My  mom has pretty severe pulmonary disease and is rapidly deteriorating.  She's back in the hospital now,  I'm about 2000 miles away, but know the news is probably bad.

I would like to eat my weight in something really BAD.

My lapband says NO

this is both a good thing and a bad thing.

How do you cope with ****ty news.

help...

whatadream
on 1/28/11 4:07 am - NH
I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  I'm an emotional eater too.  I'm am learning to play cards, clean, something that keeps my mind occupied.  Take good care of yourself.
kathkeb
on 1/28/11 4:29 am
walk
pray
clean
sew
knit
call a friend
take a bath
have a cup of warm tea or hot chocolate
play with my dog

Sorry that you are going through this ------ you can find a way to cope that soothes you without food.
Kath

Shaesnana
on 1/28/11 6:01 am - Davenport, FL
I'm so sorry for what you're going through.   I know we can all relate to the emotional eating.
I also know that you know that eating will not make your mom better.   You posted for help and just by doing that you will be stronger cause you will know that you are not alone in your struggle.   I will say a prayer and I know others will too, both for your mom AND for you.
You will better be able to cope if you keep your head clear instead of the fogginess that especially the wrong foods will give you.  Be gentle with yourself and try to keep busy, or if vegging in front of the tv takes your mind off of things, do that.  Do whatever you need to do to help yourself get thru this stressful time but DO NOT eat.

Sending hugs,
Lyn

Most Active