First fill and no difference

mary101678
on 1/27/11 11:41 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
What you are feeling is totally normal.
It does take a while to find the right amount of restriction for optimum weight loss. Maybe a call to the nutrionist could help. Or start a food and exercise diary maybe.

I know that some WLS patients go to weigh****chers or some other weight loss group to help with eating habits and substitutions, etc. In fact, I met one or two in my various weigh****chers stints.

Hang, this too shall pass.

I think they call this Bandster Hell!!!

All the best,
Mary

Stephanie M.
on 1/27/11 11:52 pm
Hi Christy!  A few things to remember about fills...

Your fill may not reveal itself for as much as 3 weeks....many of us don't feel much difference until the stomach and band "settle down" from the physical stress of the fill (swelling, irritation).

Make sure you are getting your 64 oz of water a day and not drinking 10 min before meals and 30 min (at least) after meals. 

You should follow the band "rules" of not eating more than 1/2 to 1 cup of food per meal, preferrably half a cup.  If you are hungry sooner than 3 hours, eat another half cup, mostly dense protein...log your food and show this to the doctor at your next visit.  Just because you can eat more, you shouldn't...this stresses your stomach and when your fill kicks in, you will be very miserable.

If after 3 weeks you still don't feel like you are at optimum fill, then call the doctor and schedule another fill earlier than March 1st.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Christy S.
on 1/30/11 1:18 pm - Plano, TX
Thanks everyone for all your advice!
Most Active