Egg Drop soup Heaven!!!

reneekennedy11
on 1/27/11 1:04 pm - CA
Had surgery 4 days ago!!! Just ate some egg drop soup! Best thing ever!!! Just had to share that! For the first time in 4 days I felt normal!!!! 21 lbs down!
30something
on 1/27/11 1:24 pm - Rochester Hills, MI
Congrats on the weight loss and your new journey! I think the Asian restaurant might see me frequent their facilities for the egg drop soup. That's a good idea plus the soup is tasty. So is the egg drop soup what your surgeon suggested?

Vona
38 yrs old      

reneekennedy11
on 1/27/11 1:37 pm - CA
No he didnt say I can have it...I just thought I would try it...I mostly just at the broth but its a thicker broth so it makes my upset stomach better. I cant wait to be over this liquid phase! I just want to feel normal again:) Did you have surgery yet?
psychomom
on 1/27/11 8:35 pm - China Grove, NC
Egg drop was my main stay during liquids! Still is when I get fills ! Good stuff. Glad you found someting tat made you feel "normal" again .LOL I know that is tough.

PaintingChef
on 1/27/11 9:59 pm - TN
SO so so glad that you are feeling better!  And I know what you mean about the soup.  I had wonton soup broth a couple of days after my surgery and I SWEAR that stuff was the nectar of the gods.  FORGET champagne... I lived on wonton soup until yesterday evening when I had some tomato soup just to change it up a bit.

One thing is for certain... Chinese soup as your mainstay meal item sure doesn't hurt the budget... I kept telling my husband what a cheap date I was.

Congrats on the weight loss too!  It certainly helps keep you motivated, doesn't it?
My blog:  PaintingChef

mary101678
on 1/27/11 11:03 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Yes, egg ddrop soup is the best....
I checked with the nutritionist and she thought it was a great idea. It's warm and nourishing and is a step up from broth, water and tea!

I also tried the broth from the wonton soup and gave the wontons to hubby. Within a few weeks. the nutritionist suggested I try eating the wontons. I started off by peeling the noodle away from the meat inside, and then eventually ate the noodle and the meat. A great meal when you have so few choices.

I am soooo happy for you...

Keep up the good work and stay tuned!!!

All the best,
Mary

reneekennedy11
on 1/28/11 1:49 am - CA
Thanks guys! I still dont feel normal thats for sure...still have pain and gas...not as bad but its there. I know I need to drink more but its so hard!!! Im just happy to have Egg drop soup:) 
L B.
on 1/28/11 8:14 am
21lbs! Thats awesome Way to go!
~Lilly                
adorkbl
on 1/28/11 8:20 am
 Congrats on the 21lbs. Awesome!!!
Most Active