Center of Excellence surgeons

lisamiller
on 1/28/11 5:29 am - Columbia, TN
 I have learned one thing from my journey that I would like to share with those searching for a surgeon for weight loss.  Please take it from me, do your research, find a surgeon that has COE or Center of Excellence---- VERY IMPORTANT--- It means your success.
Shaesnana
on 1/28/11 5:47 am - Davenport, FL
I agree that a Center for Excellence is the way to go.   I went to one here in central Florida.
I see so many folks not having a clue to what they are doing or suppose to be doing because they don't get the education they need before any bariatric surgery.   Aftercare is so extremely important along with support groups.  I know not everyone has access to a COE
but it sure is the way if at all possible.

airhead_74
on 1/28/11 5:52 am
DS on 08/20/12
I did tons of research before deciding on my surgeon. Finding the right surgeon is the most important thing you should do when deciding to have wls.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/28/11 6:41 am - Mexico
No, a COE means nothing. It means they filled out the right paperwork and they have the right policies and procedures in place. That's all it means. Some of the biggest bariatric butchers are COEs.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
kathkeb
on 1/28/11 9:37 am

yeah -- not so much

COE means that the facilty has spent alot of money to be certified.
They have a certain number of staff and beds/chairs that can accommodate people of significant size.

The skill of the staff is not necessarily related to it  being a COE.
Do your research -- find out about your individual surgeon and do not rely on the term "COE" to rate skill

Kath

Most Active