SLOW LOSER

mjtoldeo
on 1/28/11 5:55 am
Hi,

My surgery is on the 1st, but I do not have a scale in my home. A scale can totally make you feel like "crap". So I will weigh at the doctor and go by how my clothes fit. That is what works best for me. You keep your chin up and it will all be good!

Sandy
mary101678
on 1/28/11 6:30 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Sandy:
Good for you! That really takes courage!!

Best,

Mary

abbylamami66
on 1/28/11 6:24 am - MA

I'm feeling the same way. A slow looser. But im glad that I can relate to you. I got my band on 12-14, 2010.  The only thing is that I havent exercise, well sort of kinda off, ive been shoveling snow and walking and some small movements. im going for my first fill on feb 2nd.
slower is better .......
hang in there mary , i will if you do...

mary101678
on 1/28/11 6:31 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Abby:
Thanks for the encouragement....

We can both do this... it will just take a while!!!

Plus, less hanging skin.. that image keeps me going.....

Cheers!!!

Mary

katmom_02
on 1/28/11 7:07 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13

I have had that exact same problem. I have found that I mus****ch(log) my calories and get in my protein (and stay away from simple carbs). Once I started with some simple weight training mixed in with my cardio, I started seeing results...and I am still pre-op. Hopefully, this is a good sign.

mary101678
on 1/28/11 10:46 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Great point about using weights. I haven't tried them recently because I was too focused on getting in as much cardio as possible (or as I could stand).

I avoid those simple carbs too, and most carbs as well, but I had to add some back in because I was getting light headed and not feeling well. The nutritionist told me to add more carbs like bananas back in.

I will try weights this week and will add them into my routine...

THANKS!!!

amt6
on 1/28/11 11:27 am - CT
 Mary,

5'2 and 214 the day of surgery over here! I laughed out loud when I read your numbers and realized they were exactly the same as mine!! I too am a slow loser, but I would be thrilled with almost 2lbs per week!! I had surgery 20 days after you and quickly lost 17 lbs, but now that I am back to eating whole foods I am actually GAINING weight. I'm down to about 204, but the doctor said that's normal until I have a few fills. I had my first one on Wednesday and so far no change - I'm going back next week for another. He said since I'm so young (23) we can be a little more aggressive, especially if I'm at the gym as much as I promised.

Good luck!
Alyssa 
Life is a journey, not a destination**    
mary101678
on 1/29/11 12:36 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Alyssa:
You definitely have YOUTH on your side....

Take advantage of that youthful metabolism of yours! Lord, how I miss those days....

I know you will do well, keep up the great progress.

I think the diet diary has helped a bit, but before my first fill, I was really getting hungry.... That seems to have past....

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Mary

Kelly B.
on 1/28/11 11:57 am
I'm a very slow loser as well.  I had my surgery in October and have only lost 2 pounds since surgery.  I have had 4 fills to date, log everything, eat lots of protein and exercise daily.  My doc doesn't seem concerned since I am following the rules.  We're just waiting for my body to realize I'm serious.  :)
Kate -True Brit
on 1/28/11 6:55 pm - UK

Welld one! 1.8lbs a week is at the top end of the average loss for bandsters! If you were not banded and were doing WW, you would be happy with 1.8 - we lose at the same sort of speed they do!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active