eggs????

RitaF123
on 1/29/11 12:48 am - Murfreesboro, TN

What is up with eggs and the band. In my case anything associated with a chicken. With eggs and chicken it doesn't matter how small of a bite or how many times I chew them they are going to PB back up. I have no problem with fish or steak. It really puzzles me. I had my surgery in August and am still trying to feel my way through all of this.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/29/11 1:22 am - UK

Eggs are hard for many of us. I think it a bit like bananas - it is almost impossible to chew them properly! Scrambled egg seems so smooth but isn't really and it just isn't chewable somehow!

Chicken is OK for most of us, not all! Are you keeping it moist? Sometimes it can be too dry and needs some sort of sauce. Dark meat is often esier to eat than white meat as it tends to be more moist.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/29/11 1:51 am - Mexico
Regardless of surgery type we ALL have something that doesn't work. But, you know what your evil foods are so just avoid them.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
craazy4luv
on 1/29/11 2:00 am - Reno, NV
Well said.  Eggs don't bother me at all, but lettuce hates me.  I get such bad gas, that it makes me not want to eat for days and my stomach hurts horribly.  So I avoid lettuce like the plague. 

Lisaizme
on 1/29/11 3:40 am - TX
I've heard of people putting cottage cheese in the eggs before scrambling to help keep them moist.  I think that's often the issue, that eggs easily overcook and become rubbery.

I put veggies in my scrambled eggs most of the time, the differing textures seem to help.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

HPhelps_30
on 1/29/11 4:06 am
Im 6 yrs out and I still cant eat plain scrambled eggs either, I usually put gravy or salso on mine and that helps. As for chicken its the same, I have to have some kind of sauce like bbq or kethcup so you might try that and see if it works.
RitaF123
on 1/29/11 4:50 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks everyone.

steelerfan1
on 1/29/11 4:57 am
I do have a question for anybody on this I guess

Is it just certain people that have trouble with foods or does this trouble with foods just start when you get fills in the your band ?

I eat eggs every morning gosh I eat chicken about 5 times a week and I have never had problems with them .

I have ate almost all the same foods I ate before I got bannded and not a single ounce of problems with eating, sliming , or getting stuck.

Im just wondering if this is because I have no fluid in band and that is why Im okay on everything ?

I have restriction, my belly lets me know when I get full .

Im just curious as to why

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 7:24 am
You will need a fill or a few fills before you notice eggs :)  I've always loved eggs and before getting my band tighted up I could eat two with a little cheese. One morning a while after my last fill I went to eat 2 eggs as usual (and bigger bites too) and BAM it hit me -- the worst stuck feeling ever; I was SO unprepared for it it. So now I can still do eggs, but only one and it takes me 20 mintues if I eat in the morning when my band is a little tighter. Who would've thought I would've be limited to ONE egg, when before surgery I could pack down a whole omlet and toast and hasbrowns, etc.

Trixie
Hislady
on 1/29/11 5:04 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't have a problem with eggs and I'm at 5cc in a 10 band. It just depends on the person. Now some folks can eat eggbeater type eggs but not the whole egg. You might try them and like others have said "juice" them up with some kind of sauce.
Steeler yep I'd say the more fill you get the more issues you will have, or you may not have any problems. After every fill you just have to take it easy and make sure food is still your friend. Even a small fill can change the whole ball game.
Most Active