Scales

mjtoldeo
on 1/28/11 6:03 am

I posted a moment ago to Mary, because she is a slow loser and was feeling down. I mentioned to her that for me, I do not own a scale. For me it can totally be a mood changer, discouraging and downright make me feel "crappy". So for me, I rely on the doctor and how my clothes fit. I know what I have to do to lower my weight and a scale telling me that I'm not doing it ! Um......not going to happen.

This is what works for me.....I'm just putting it out there is all.

Sandy

abbylamami66
on 1/28/11 6:11 am - MA
I'm going through it myself. I keep weighing myslef and nothing is changing. I'm eating right but not exercising as of yet. some walking and moving around. im waiting for my next appointment inorder to start using weights. I see the numbers staying the same, but i also know that it is going to be a slow weightloss with the band.  starting this journey I weighed 230 lbs and now I weigh 211, I keep asking myseld is that good?? my first fill appt. is coming up on Febraury 2nd. 

rainbow_runner
on 1/28/11 8:26 am

You're a very smart cookie - you know what brings you down so you don't do it - what a concept!

My first 10 months or so I weighed myself only once a month - the numbers were always enough to motivate me to keep on keepin on.  I now weigh only sporadically and let my clothes do the talking.  I have intermediate and long-term weightloss goals, none of which are going to be achieved by hopping on the scale every 10 minutes.

We've been banded because we have a lot of weight to lose and we want to lose it for GOOD, which means changing our habits for a LIFETIME.  What the scale says from one minute to the next can be a surefire way of sabotaging our good intentions.  So, if you know that reading on the scale is going to ruin your day (even though you've been good as gold) - DON'T DO IT.  Weigh yourself once a week at most but (in my opinion) weighing once a month (on your bandiversary date, say) is much more sensible.

And in between getting weighed every month?  Hey - go out and live your life the way you intend to live it from now on!

airhead_74
on 1/28/11 8:38 am
DS on 08/20/12
I am the same way. I do not and willnot own a set of scales right now. Probably not until I reach my goal. I get weight by my Dr. or nutrotinist every two or three weeks. If I owned scales I would be more likely to get discouraged if I weighed myself and did not lose. And if I had good weight loss there is a good chance I would cheat. This is what works best for me. I know everyone is different.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active