Pre-Op

mjtoldeo
on 1/27/11 4:24 am

Hello All,

Today is my pre-op. Surgery Tuesday. I am very excited. I've been on liquids almost 2 weeks. All of you have been such an inspiration to me. The good and the bad all sides. It really helps.

Thanks,

Sandy

Reising22
on 1/27/11 5:39 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Why do they have you on liquids for 2 weeks?
steelerfan1
on 1/27/11 7:22 am
On January 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM Pacific Time, Reising22 wrote:
Why do they have you on liquids for 2 weeks?
I was on liquids for almost two weeks also . Well I had 4 oz of meat and 1/2 cup of veggies for dinner and that was all I was allowed to have the rest was pure liquids.

They want you to lose weight before surgery and to prep your liver for surgery .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

mjtoldeo
on 1/27/11 11:57 pm
He said becasue it help shrinks the stomach so the band can go on easier...Plus I lost 15lbs yesterday!!!
steelerfan1
on 1/27/11 7:23 am
Sandy,

Congrats on the upcoming surgery !! Im sure you will do just fine . I hope you have a easy time like I did with mine and a easy recovery :o)

Good Luck its a easy surgery so dont worry

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

Reising22
on 1/27/11 7:39 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Steelerfan,

How long has it been since your surgery and how much have you lost.  Now that all this is getting closer for me it is becoming more real and I am getting nervous in a way. I have seen some of the posts on here about people not being able to have the surgery due to the liver size.  What type of diet do they put you on to shrink the liver?

This has been a long process for me.  My doctor has made me go through a weight management class for 6 months and I am just now finishing those up and I got the call today to go meet the surgeon so I am on my way but still have a long way before surgery. I am trying to get as much information as possible before surgery so I know what I am getting myself into.
steelerfan1
on 1/28/11 12:57 am
On January 27, 2011 at 3:39 PM Pacific Time, Reising22 wrote:
Steelerfan,

How long has it been since your surgery and how much have you lost.  Now that all this is getting closer for me it is becoming more real and I am getting nervous in a way. I have seen some of the posts on here about people not being able to have the surgery due to the liver size.  What type of diet do they put you on to shrink the liver?

This has been a long process for me.  My doctor has made me go through a weight management class for 6 months and I am just now finishing those up and I got the call today to go meet the surgeon so I am on my way but still have a long way before surgery. I am trying to get as much information as possible before surgery so I know what I am getting myself into.
HI there Reising,

I have lost 34 pounds in two months :o)  I am averaging about 1-2 pounds per week some weeks it  will be one pound like last week but then when I weighed in today I lost 2.5 pounds :o) 

I have no fluid in my band either I have skipped my first two fills .

I had to have a pure liquid diet also but I was allowed to add 4 oz of meat and 1/2 cup of veggies for a dinner at night . 

Nothing else well I could eat all the sf jello I wanted which is not filling at all lol.

If u had to follow a six months class u will be just fine I didnt have to do that because I was self pay so I didnt have to go through a bunch of stuff like insurance people have to .

You will be just fine :o) 

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

reneekennedy11
on 1/27/11 12:58 pm - CA
Goodluck!!!! You will do great! 
Most Active