What The Heck?

amystone
on 1/26/11 11:34 am

After a year or so of being able to eat pretty much what I want, and more than I should, my band has finally decided to kick back in and work the way it did when I first got it. Now, I can eat only small amounts of food at a time, and chew, chew, chew. I can still eat bread, but most of the time, it has to be toasted. Why after all this time? I haven't done anything different.....no fill, nothing. Please don't tell me that this could be a sign of something bad fixin' to happen. What do y'all think?

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/26/11 11:50 am - Mexico
Everything affects restriction, absolutely everything. Time of day, time of month, altitude, stress, emotions, weather, temp of the room you are in, everything. Hard telling which one caused it.

Just enjoy restriction and don't jinx it. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Bette B.
on 1/26/11 12:09 pm
 I think you forgot relative humidity. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/26/11 12:21 pm - Mexico
On January 26, 2011 at 8:09 PM Pacific Time, Bette B. wrote:
 I think you forgot relative humidity. 

HA!

AND food temp!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Kate -True Brit
on 1/26/11 3:33 pm - UK

Stress? Allergy? Weather? All affect me.

But it is also (from mybown experience, what I read on here and my doc's comments) not uncommon for it to just  happen to vets!

It did for me about a year ago. Last january, after over 2 years of maintaining with good but not excessive restricition, i suddenly got tighter. Not too tight, just tighter. No reason and no problem! In fact  did get 0.1cc taken out because i started getting mild night time heartburn and i preferred to make sure it was not too tight!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

mary101678
on 1/26/11 7:48 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
From what I've read on the posts and in books, etc, the body adjusts to the band according to whatever environmental forces may be present, either internally or externally. I don't think the band is doing anything differently, it's the body that is reacting to the band somewhat differently and therefore, adjustments are necessary.

Good luck!

Most Active