Need more motivation

Chrissy1967
on 1/27/11 10:36 am - Coram, NY
Okay so Christmas is over and I gained 2 lbs back from the 22 that I lost since surg. 
Most of that is from way too much alcohol and I know it.  Went to have my 3rd fill today and the doctor reminded me of the reasons I came to him in the first place. 
The band is a tool not a miracle and I am the only one who can make the right choices for me.  He agreed that I needed a fill but I still felt like I let him down.  The reality is that I am letting myself down.
So tonight I am starting over and will give my all to this process. 
any and all words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. 
I really don't have a great support system and need to get my stuff together.
thanks for listening.
Chris
Chrissy            
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/11 10:43 am - Des Moines, IA
Hi Chris,
2 pounds over Christmas is pretty darn good.  I can gain 2 pounds in one day from retaining fluid.  This process is for life and you will have ups and downs.  Just take it one day at a time.  Journal your food and I bet you will start losing again.  It always helps me.  Stay away from the slider foods and calorie drinks.  Exercise and drink your water.  You can do this!
Kristi
steelerfan1
on 1/27/11 10:46 am
first off no more booze that has so many hidden calories its awful and to be honest you are not suppose to be drinking alcohol till you are a yr out .

You need to get back to your measuring cups and measure measure and measure no more eyeballing food .

1/2 cup of protein
1/4 cup of veggies
1/4 cup of veggies or carbs your choice

Start to exercise !! If you are like me I hate to exercise with a passion !! I'm sure because I'm still big and plus it kills my knee where I tore it about 6 yrs ago :o( , but it must be done lol.

You can do this, you know how to do it, but it will take your determination to make it work :o)

Does your doc do support group meetings ? Mine does two times a month the fourth Monday and Thursday every month go to them if you have them . I love them and a excellent source of support .

If he dont ask the nurse or him he might know somebody that does them .

You just need to start all over like you are a newbie with the band that is the best part of being a lapbander you can always start over :o)

Chris you can do this , good luck !!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

mstrip59
on 1/29/11 7:41 am
I went on vacation last year for 4 days and gained 1.5 lbs including alcohol beverages calories.Now that vacation and Christmas is over no more alcohol for you and me due to knowing that it causes more problems than it is worth regarding WLS. Go back to basics and make today the best it can be with the food/drink choices you need to make. Good luck.
Chrissy1967
on 1/29/11 10:34 pm - Coram, NY
Thanks for the support you guys.
New year, new day
today is my 44th birthday and I want to make the rest of my life healthy.

@ Steelersfan1-- Best of Luck in the superbowl.  You guys beat my Jets so you better win
Chrissy            
Most Active