NSV!! (and first fill this morning!)

amt6
on 1/26/11 1:44 am - CT
 HI everyone!! I am happy to report that I had my first non scale victory last night!!

I told my doctor that one of my goals was to run a 5k, simply because I never have been a fan of running and I know once I am smaller it won't be so damn hard! She introduced me to "Couch to 5k" an intro to running program for people who have no idea where to start! (http://www.c25k.com/)

My boyfriend (who is a personal trainer - that's how we met!) and I went to the gym last night and I was determined to start this program. The first day plan is 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, and repeat for 20 minutes. The first segment I put the running speed up to 4.5, and within 45 seconds, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I turned off the treadmill and quit, mentally and physically. I was so frustrated that I couldn't run for 60 freakin' seconds!!!!! 

Mike gave me a pep talk, and convinced me that running isn't as easy as it looks and not to be discouraged. After getting over my frustration, I convinced myself to get back on the treadmill and try again!

This time I ran at 4.0 and guess what --- I finished all 20 minutes!!!! 

I was so proud of myself after I finished and can't wait to do it again tomorrow!  
Life is a journey, not a destination**    
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 1/26/11 1:49 am - Green Valley, AZ
Good For You!!!!!!!!!!

paint2heal
on 1/26/11 3:34 am - Belle, WV
Congratulations!  It is great that you have such a supportive boyfriend! 
Carla         
Join my 6 WEEK Summer time Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!! from July 11 thru August 22nd.  Join anytime!!!!
SW168/CW162/GW151

teachergirl6
on 1/26/11 10:29 am
Yay!  That's awesome!

Most Active