lap band VS realize band

grmadeb01
on 1/27/11 2:53 am - FL
did you have a choice between the 2 of them? and why did you choose the one that you chose? i have been doing alot of research and it seems those that have the lapband have less problems than those with the realize band.
so was just wondering
thanks
debby
Kate -True Brit
on 1/27/11 2:56 am - UK

Most docs make then choice for us.

But this link might be of use to you

http://www.wlshelp.com/lap-band-vs-realize-band.html

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Sapphire1964
on 1/27/11 4:54 am

Thanks for the info - I have the Realize band and actually didn't realize there was "another."  Oh well, I'm a newbie and it's going okay right now...but I bookmarked the difference page for a look-see...

Thanks!

RNY 04/05/04
BOB 12/30/10 (Band over Bypass)  

pam57
on 1/27/11 4:54 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 I didn't have a choice and wasn't really sure what I had received until I got a Realize band info packet from the surgeons office about a month after my surgery.  I will have to check out the link that Kate mentioned because I have no idea how the doctor picks.

Pam

PaintingChef
on 1/27/11 5:23 am - TN
My surgeon is indifferent about the bands and will put in whichever one you ask for.  I asked him about the difference between the Lap-Band and the Realize band before my surgery and he said that other than some very minor and inconsequential structural differences, the only difference is that the Lap-Band now comes primed with fluid and the Realize Band does not.  I wanted restriction right away and so for that reason, I chose the Lap-Band.

But after reading in another thread that most people start with no fill in their bands, I'm wondering if it comes pre-filled and most surgeons remove the fluid before initially placing the band or does my surgeon maybe order them pre-filled?

My band was pre-filled with 3.5 ccs but the day after my surgery I had to have 2 ccs removed because I couldn't swallow anything since apparently my stomach was completely closed off.  I do still have 1.5 ccs in my band though.
My blog:  PaintingChef

Most Active