***UPDATE/EDITS in original post in purple*** OMgeeee.... *shocked* THIS is why I was...

adorkbl
on 1/26/11 8:57 am, edited 1/27/11 3:46 am
So last night hubby and I decided to have dinner at PF Changs and use the gift card we got from my BIL for Christmas. I have no restriction right now after port replacement... but I have been charting my food... trying to watch my intake. I have lost 2 lbs this week... so I have been pretty happy with that.

So we split the Lettuce Wraps for an appetizer and I got the Kung Pao Scallops for dinner. Mmmmm. I boxed half my dinner up... trying to be mindful of portion sizes. Thought I was being soooo good.

We decided to treat ourselves to dessert. We split their amazing Banana Spring Rolls. Big mistake. BIG mistake. HUGE. GIANT.

I should have pulled out my blackberry and LOOKED this up on
Fat Secret. O M Geeee....... I just logged my dinner and I am MORTIFIED!!!

**EDITED**
Ok... so even though I *thought* I double checked this info... hedgehogdude brought to my attention my numbers were WAY off. I doubled up the WHOLE DESSERT instead of 1 serving.  So my ACTUAL totals are VASTLY different. Thankfully!!

Also wanted to add. I wasn't beating myself up over this. Yes I was appalled... but I wanted to share my experience so others would understand the importance of ALWAYS pre-planning going out. 

My dinner in total:
Fat 228 **54g
Carbs 568 **166
Protein 111 **67
Calories 4634 **1384

Most of that is from the dessert alone!!
(194 fat **20; 470 carbs **68; 52 protein **8; 3720 cals **470)

I am so mad at myself. And I thought I was being partially good!!! I KNOW the dessert was BAD BAD for me... but WOW. This is DISGUSTING!

At least my leftover Kung Pao Scallops for lunch was fairly decent nutritionally. I will have to stick to that only next time. Wowzers.

I sure hope when I go in for my fill tomorrow that I am healed enough from my port surgery to actually GET a fill. *crossing fingers*

And by all means... AVOID PF Changs unless you are PREPARED. I didn't plan. Let ME learn the lesson FOR you. 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

T. Christian
on 1/26/11 9:10 am
We'll all slip up here and there but now you know to pick your dinner first before you go out.   I know for sure this is what I will need to do. I'd eat a house if I could.... If you must go out. Think of places that has lower calorie meal like Applebee's. I think they offer a menu where everything is under like 500 calories. 
Don't be too hard on yourself. Dust yourself off an keep goin.
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/26/11 9:46 am - TN
My brother and I were just talking last night about general nutrition knowledge and I was saying that you don't really have to be too bright to know that something like a fast food cheeseburger is not a healthy choice.

He said, "I think people know things are bad for them, but they don't know HOW bad." And I totally agree. This is a prime example. You wanted to splurge on a dessert, but who knew it would be THAT outrageous?

Last summer, I tried Weigh****chers before committing to my revision and I found the same thing there. Sometimes I would slip up for a meal, but would still track my points and I remember finding out one meal I ate out somewhere was over 50 points alone!

Restaurants can definitely pack it in. The scallops sound good anyway! Hope you get your fill tomorrow.

Good luck,
Lindsey

adorkbl
on 1/26/11 9:53 am
It was an eye opener for me. I usually always skip desert... but we hadn't been to PF in over a year. *sigh* It is on my forever banned list now. The dessert that is. lol

I am usually pretty good about looking up before hand, and pre-planning, what a harsh reminder of how bad of an idea it really is to blindly go out to eat. At least it is pretty easy to find nutritional info now for restaurants and make informed choices.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

airhead_74
on 1/26/11 10:19 am
DS on 08/20/12
We all slip from time to time. And we all learn from it. And it's great that we can come here to support each other and learn from one another. One slip is not the end. No matter how bad it was. It's just one bump on the road to success.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

lovinlife12
on 1/26/11 12:56 pm
The mistake was not eating the dessert, the mistake is beating yourself up for it.  If you deny yourself, it will only make things worse.    Think about the fun time you had with your hubby.  next you go  plan it on a warm summer evening so both can go for a walk afterwards. 

Yes all the calories in restaurant food are digusting I will agree with you there.  It is hard to get rid of the guilt but what purpose is that guilt going to serve you as you move forward?

:)
30something
on 1/26/11 5:28 pm - Rochester Hills, MI
Its amazing how many calories are in the foods we eat. Don't let it set you back just keep moving forward and take this as a lesson learned. Take it one meal at a time.

Vona
38 yrs old      

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/11 7:18 pm
I cannot belive there is a dessert out there that is not Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake that is THAT bad! I would've never guessed. If I were going to spit a dessert with someone I would figure 200-300calories (unless of course it was served in a trough or something:)  I remember one time I ordered one small scoop of ice cream at one of the good ice cream places and when I went to add up the calories I just could not believe it was nearly 400 calories. How on earth can they pack so many into such a small space: )

Trixie
luvbskts
on 1/27/11 3:31 am
way of topic...I love your "name."  I have a 1/2 beagle and just love her to pieces!
adorkbl
on 1/27/11 3:55 am, edited 1/27/11 3:56 am
Ugh. Ice cream is my kryptonite... so I STAY AWAY now. I actually have a counter going on my blog that counts the days since my last "slip up" with ice cream. 2 weeks abstinent! Woot! haha.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

Most Active