Complete UNFILL!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/11 10:31 am
So I posted yesterday that I had Back Surgery last week. I had to have a complete unfill for the surgery and for recovery. Has anyone else had surgery and an unfill? And how long did you wait to have it filled back? I am doing pretty good not over eating, but after being banded for a year and a half, its very weird to be able to eat more food. I have come to understand its all in my head when it comes to over eating. I have been trained to eat small portions and I have continued to do that even with out a fill. HUMMMM?? I wonder how long this will last? Oh yeah and I have lost 3 lbs!
steelerfan1
on 1/26/11 11:43 am
I think any kind of WLS is majority mental work !!! I truly believe that .

I have had my surgery for 2 months now and have not had a fill as of yet and still have lost 32 pounds and almost 20 inches in two months  and my band is empty as the day he put it in me .

In my mind I know if I over eat I could damage my band, I know in my mind if I eat to fast I will get sick, I know in my mind if I over eat I could get sick and damage my band.

So why do all those things if you know it could harm you ?   The band alone right now is doing enough for me to help me to lose weight and Im playing a big mental game with myself but if its working and I dont have to mess with needles, or playing the fill or unfill game that is fine with me as long as I keep my goal at 8 pounds per month or more then no fills for me :o) 

I think that is great you are doing so well with out any fluid in your band :o)  I do believe its possible to lose weight without fluid in your band its how bad do you want it ??

Keep up the great work !!!! And I hope you feel better really really soon !!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

kelly_girl
on 1/27/11 2:13 am
I hear you guys...I had to have my primer fill totally emptied out a couple of days after surgery due to swelling, nausea and dehydration. I have never had a fill of any type and my band remains empty, and I am still loosing weight.

I too think that it has a great deal to do with the surgeons experience and exactly where your band is placed. Most days I really have no desire to eat - my doc advises 3 oz dense protien up to 3 times a day, and plenty of good old H2O.

So glad to hear that I am not the only one :)

steelerfan1
on 1/27/11 2:26 am
On January 27, 2011 at 10:13 AM Pacific Time, kelly_girl wrote:
I hear you guys...I had to have my primer fill totally emptied out a couple of days after surgery due to swelling, nausea and dehydration. I have never had a fill of any type and my band remains empty, and I am still loosing weight.

I too think that it has a great deal to do with the surgeons experience and exactly where your band is placed. Most days I really have no desire to eat - my doc advises 3 oz dense protien up to 3 times a day, and plenty of good old H2O.

So glad to hear that I am not the only one :)
OH my gosh Kelly that is wonderful you have had a empty band since April and have lost 110 pounds that is awesome girl !!!! Keep up the great work !!!

My doctor had to jump my butt on Monday because like you I have a very very bad habit of skipping meals lol.   I'm so not a breakfast eater I can not eat when I first get up not because of the band but its just me I have to be up and moving around for a good three hrs before I can even think about eating.

Well, time I feel hungry to eat its lunch time lol.

He really got onto me about that because he is worried I will not get enough protein in for the day so I'm working on that lol.

I hope I can go as long as you are and do as great as you are without no fluid in my band.  Keep it up !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active