please help!!!!

linzi
on 1/26/11 3:47 am
please could i have some advice, last week i posted that i had lost all my restriction and was fed up i seen my nurse last thursday and went from 8.25mls in a 10ml band to 9mls i noticed a huge difference straight away and normally cheat in the liquid stage after but this time i couldnt; i've noticed things i was told to look for like now i can only sip very small amounts slowly but my problem is during the night i wake up as if i am about to vomit and also when i come to have a meal i feel like there is something in my gullet even though i have not eaten for hours i attempt to eat a meal and don't eat much at all before i feel uncomfortable in my chest and many times i have had to go and vomit or make myself vomit which i kno is not good i am a little worried if this is normal but i've had a slow weight loss and do finally feel i might get somewhere but is it normal to feel like this? it is difficult at work as only one friend knows about the band so i am worried as i only have short breaks and having a very demanding role (i work on a very busy hospital ward) so i've decided to take cup a soups to work
sorry for the long essay but ive had my tea tonight a very small amount which i vomited back then ive ended up having some choclate and i dont want to get into that habit!!!!
any replies would be much appreicated xxxx
linzi       
MaJack
on 1/26/11 3:56 am - Earlsboro, OK
 I know that sometimes you have some swelling after a fill, that is why you do liquids. But there is a possibility that you are too tight. I found that I was pb/vomiting after every meal so I found ways to eat around the band (ie. chocolate and ice cream) I had .2 cc taken out and it helped tremendously. Unfortunately it is taking a while to break those habits I developed during that time.

Megan (228 HW/185 current/125 goal)

paint2heal
on 1/26/11 4:00 am - Belle, WV
You sound like you need a small unfill.  Call you doctor and see if you can have .20 or.25 mls removed.  A lot of time that is all it takes.  You definitely don't want to remain too tight and damage your stomach or band.
Carla         
Join my 6 WEEK Summer time Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!! from July 11 thru August 22nd.  Join anytime!!!!
SW168/CW162/GW151

linzi
on 1/26/11 4:10 am
thank you ladies i have been thinking that myself my nurse is not in my area until 3 weeks time think i will give them a ring do you think i should maybe try more liquids in the meantime?
linzi       
Kate -True Brit
on 1/26/11 4:10 am - UK

Sounds a bit too tight to me!   A tiny unfill (as small as 0.1 cc) can make all the difference.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

debbie H.
on 1/26/11 7:48 am - AR
My doc was telling me how important it is to talk to them. The example he gave me was when someone who is a slow loser finally begins losing, but is too tight. Though they may be vomiting, they don't want to say anything because they are finally losing. His warning was "talk straight to your doctor" or you will harm yourself.

Most Active