Preop Diet 10 day liq. diet what was urs like

Pamela B.
on 1/25/11 2:17 pm - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
I'm a little curious on what I can have during my preop diet...Can I drink Boost powder with milk ,can I even have milk, the last 2 days are CLEAR LIQ. so what was yours like...Thanks for all yalls comments...
deb_t
on 1/25/11 7:03 pm - RI
Since we know that the protocol followed by every surgeon is different, you really need to put this question to your surgeon.  He or she is the only one ultimately qualified to answer your question.  Whatever the direction is, you need to follow it, and only it.  It doesn't matter what other people were permitted to do -- you have to mind what you are permitted to do.

Just for a basis to compare, I had no pre op diet.  I chose to eat light the couple of days prior to surgery.  I couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery -- that was the extent of my direction.
Debbie 

Includes 47.5 lbs. lost during 7 month pre-op period
Addie H.
on 1/25/11 8:43 pm - Little Rock, AR

I am on day  6 of a 14day  liquid diet. It is not easy  at  all for me but with support from friends and co-workers , i am getting through it one day at a time. Hang in there!!
Contact your Surgeon to see what  liqiuds you are allowed to have. You will want to comply  with what he has in the pre-op care plan. Good luck, my  surgery  is scheduled for 2/4/11

joeysdad
on 1/25/11 9:01 pm - san pedro, CA
i was on a 2 week 1000 calorie diet it actually wasnt to bad. i drank a protien shake for breakfast and lunch then a light dinner. yesterday was all clear liquids. today is surgery it goes by very fast. you will do great.!!!!

Addie H.
on 1/25/11 9:10 pm - Little Rock, AR
How much weight did you lose on during the two weeks.
joeysdad
on 1/26/11 9:53 am - san pedro, CA
i weighed in today 18 pounds lighter!!!!

Addie H.
on 2/1/11 8:23 pm - Little Rock, AR
I have lost 11.6 lbs so far, this is day  11.
joeysdad
on 2/1/11 10:42 pm - san pedro, CA

THATS AWESOME!!! you are doing great!!

BandMeUp
on 1/25/11 9:30 pm - PA
I am also on a 1000 calorie diet, I have a shake for breakfast and a light lunch and dinner. Im on day three
Cant wait to meet the "New Me"  
Highest Weight  : 274lbs
Weight At Surgery: 264lbs

L B.
on 1/25/11 10:22 pm
I was just on my regular 1200 cal diet which surprised me after reading that many were put on one .
~Lilly                
Most Active