upper GI x-ray (please help)

RitaF123
on 1/25/11 10:38 am, edited 1/25/11 11:50 am - Murfreesboro, TN

Can someone tell me how much an upper gi or maybe a fluro xray would cost? I'm having problems pb'ing. I have good days and never do and then some days it's bad. I'm wondering if I'm too tight or maybe my band has slipped? I am self pay

cheyenne000
on 1/25/11 12:51 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
I can't help with the cost of Gi but maybe a slight unfill will helpit sometimes doesnt take much to get relief. that would be the cheapest way to start

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

RitaF123
on 1/25/11 8:23 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks! I think that is what I need to do, also. I go in Feb. for a follow-up.

Lisaizme
on 1/25/11 8:34 pm, edited 1/25/11 8:34 pm - TX
If you're having lots of trouble, call and ask them to work you in sooner.  If it's early Feb, maybe that's not too long to wait, but if it's the middle or end of the month.. you may need to be seen sooner.  Call.

P.S.  UGI's vary in cost between hospitals.  You'll need to call the hospital or facility that you're considering using and ask.  And don't forget to ask what the radiologist's reading fee is also.  That is often separate from the hospital fee.

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Kim S.
on 1/28/11 11:47 pm - TN
Kim S.
on 1/28/11 11:54 pm - TN
But like was said do not wait too long to go.  If your apointment isn't until the end of Feb.you need to call and see if they can get you in sooner.  You prabably just need a small unfill.  and that's what Dr. Morton will do first to see if that helps you.  It usually does help.

starting weight/286/day of surgery/253/current/185/goal/150

Most Active