Cream soups after surgery

BluestCat
on 1/25/11 6:28 am
Renee,

For 2 weeks after my surgery I was only allowed grape juice, water and plain broth. I was not allowed anything creamy until after 2 weeks. I would follow your dr's orders. If you are uncertain call him/her for clarification. You don't want to cause yourself any problems this early on.

Kim
T. Christian
on 1/25/11 6:52 am
Call you dr. I had my surgery yesterday and ther Nurse called today and followed up with me. She said I could eat cream soups, basically everything that was allowed on the 10 liquid diet. Thin the juice and soups tho.
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

reneekennedy11
on 1/25/11 6:59 am - CA
Talisha how are you feeling? How was your surgery? How did you update your weight ticker?
Stephanie M.
on 1/25/11 8:10 am
Are you on clear liquids or full liquids??  Cream soup is not a clear liquid, falls into the full liquid diet...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Laurena
on 1/25/11 8:39 am - Louisville, KY
I lived on cream of Tomato soup for 2 weeks after my surgery.I had it for lunch and dinner.

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/11 9:25 am
reneekennedy11
on 1/25/11 10:37 am - CA
Im on a liquid diet...No one said anything about clear liquids....I had like 5 bites of soup and I was full....Thank God :) 
Most Active