Cream soups after surgery

reneekennedy11
on 1/25/11 4:48 am - CA
I had surgery 4 days ago....can I eat a small amount of a cream soup?
Chashton
on 1/25/11 4:53 am - NY
I had my surgery on the 18th ....and cream soups are the only soups I'm allowed.  I can't have any soups with stuff in it.  I'm also allowed pudding, yougarts, cream of rice and/or wheat and naturally my proteins shakes.

Hope this helps.

Denise
MomTo3Ds
on 1/25/11 5:53 am
Like Denise, I had surgery on the 18th. I'm allowed cream soups, but they have to be strained.
airhead_74
on 1/25/11 4:57 am
DS on 08/20/12
I was allowed cream sous. I lived on tomato. I also liked the Campbell's 98% fat free broccoli cheese soup. But It has to be strained because it has to be smooth, no *****s. Cream of chicken is good, too.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

reneekennedy11
on 1/25/11 5:00 am - CA
Im going to eat a little bit of potato soup strained. Im dying and my stomach needs something:) thanks ladies!
L B.
on 1/25/11 5:27 am
Yes but remember to eat slowly
PaintingChef
on 1/25/11 5:36 am - TN
I'm SO JEALOUS!  I'm not allowed to have ANYTHING with even a hint of dairy for two weeks.  I can't even mix a protein shake with milk, it has to be water.  The closest I can get to real food right now is strained wonton soup.  And let's be honest... that's only SO satisfying when you are watching your husband devour the dumplings from your sad little soup.

Luckily... I have yet to feel anything even remotely related to hunger so at this point, it's no big deal, but I'm sure that will only last so long...
My blog:  PaintingChef

paulapuch
on 1/25/11 6:06 am - Alcaucín, Spain
try some baby food...
steelerfan1
on 1/25/11 6:07 am
Before I would follow anybody on here especially eating after post op I would be calling my doctor first.

Every doctor is different .  I was not allowed no cream soups till 10 days after surgery due to healing process .

Its okay to come in here and get advice but before you DO anything always always call your doctor first .

What one person says its okay your doctor might not say its okay :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

airhead_74
on 1/25/11 6:08 am
DS on 08/20/12
Definitely eat SLOWLY. I learned my lesson last night. Believe me, you don't want to be in the pain. Even with iquids you can get full of air.

Sorry you can't eat any dairy. That would stink Hopefully the next couple of weeks fly by.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active