Stuck!

qmed2002
on 1/25/11 11:28 pm
I have had a few episodes of food getting stuck, it does not happen all the time, but last night was bad. I was vomiting and my band was giving me the blue, I had to call my doctors office at 10pm and talk to the on call doctor. He told me everything would be fine and to only drink warm liquids for today. i am still sore but feel like i have let myself down. I have been eating thing i know i should not. but this has opened my eyes. i really don't like feeling like Cr@!.

Jean M.
on 1/25/11 11:52 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Sometimes we have to learn lessons the hard way!

Feel better soon!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Vivian Prouty
on 1/25/11 11:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 So sorry that happened to you.   So glad that you did get hold of the doctor on call though.  Make sure to make good choices in your food selections and remember to chew the food till there is nothing there before you swallow.   Hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/25/11 11:57 pm - Mexico
You do know about pineapple juice, right? Really helps a stuck episode. I used to keep those little single serving cans with me. They are tiny and fit in a purse well.

In a pinch just open a can of pineapple and sip the liquids.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
qmed2002
on 1/26/11 12:03 am
Thanks so much for the info.

qmed2002
on 1/26/11 12:04 am
Thanks everyone for the help and kind words. No matter how much weight I loss I need to remember that food is my drug.

L B.
on 1/26/11 12:44 am
Just take it as a lesson learned and move on. Its hard not to give into temptationsWhat do you mean by when you said your band was giving you the blue?
~Lilly                
teachergirl6
on 1/26/11 10:33 am
Wow, I did NOT know about the pineapple juice!  That is really good to know!  Is it because of those specific enzymes in pineapple?  I know pineapple doesn't really allow jello to set if you put it in because of the enzymes. Is it the same reason for why it helps when you're stuck??
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/26/11 11:53 am - Mexico
On January 26, 2011 at 6:33 PM Pacific Time, teachergirl6 wrote:
Wow, I did NOT know about the pineapple juice!  That is really good to know!  Is it because of those specific enzymes in pineapple?  I know pineapple doesn't really allow jello to set if you put it in because of the enzymes. Is it the same reason for why it helps when you're stuck??

Yes, it's a chemical in the pineapple juice.  Theoretically it's only supposed to dissolve chicken that is stuck but when I was banded it was a lifesaver for all foods.

You wait until you hurl and have a mostly empty pouch, then sip on the pineapple juice.

Ask my friends, i never was without a single serving can.  Kept it in my purse at all times, Dole 6oz cans. ;o)  I STILL remember!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
-Mari-
on 1/26/11 11:12 am
Sometimes it may take more than the 24 hours, take it slow when you go back to solids. I use papaya enzyme tablets if it's meat I'm stuck with, they make me burp. If I sip very hot liquids it always helps, too. My Dr said you can also take a tsp of meat tenderizer, but I've never done it, yuck. We all forget once in awhile, our bands give us a wake up call and let us know it's there.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Most Active