Strange side effect??

JoMixx
on 1/24/11 8:36 am - West Yarmouth, MA

Hi - This is kind of bizarre.  I had my lap band surgery and hernia repair 19 days ago. I keep having a strange symptom.  I have ONE single (almost painful) hiccup followed by a belch.  It doesn't happen at a specific time, like triggered by eating or being hungry.  I also belch at random times so I don't think it's triggered by the belch.

Is it possible that my diaphragm is irritated from the hernia repair and is this something that I should be concerned about.

Thanks! 

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/24/11 9:53 am - Mexico
Burping or feeling the need to burp is a sign of esophageal swelling, it will go away with time. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Jean M.
on 1/24/11 9:08 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
I agree with you - irritated diaphragm.

If it goes on like this - maybe you could join a circus? (just kidding! - ask your surgeon!)

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kmissy98
on 1/25/11 3:29 pm
Hello, I too had a hernia repair and I go through the same thing. Loud hiccups because if I hold them in they hurt worse; but no burps unfortuneatly. I can feel the burp or something inthere but I'mnot sure what the heck is going on. I feel your pain though hun. Sometimes my guts feel like they are in my chest. I feel ok most of the time but there hass been 2 days in the past 2 weeks where I refused to get out of bed other than to walk for 30 mins. Tomorrow is my first post op visit. I'll let you know what he says. Good luck hun:)
Missy
Most Active