belching

rere10
on 1/24/11 7:31 am
If I belch some times I'll bring up a lot of phlegm.  Is this normal for alot of you guys?  I'm not sure what to do about this.  Thanks RERE
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

Kate -True Brit
on 1/24/11 7:38 am - UK

Is it actually phlegm as in having a cold? Or is it "slime"? It doesn't sound like anything that happens to me! I get slime if i eat carelessly but that is before belching!

Have you got a bad cold or allergies so that there might be mucus in the stomach below the band? Or lying in the area above the band? Still sounds very odd!!

Hope someone can help you!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

rere10
on 1/24/11 7:55 am
It's slime.  When I have to stop and think about.  I don't know if it's like throwing up?  I'll eat and set there.  I'm not if it's a belch or up chuck.  What do you think?  I know you so much more than I do.  Thanks for your help

Regina

Kate -True Brit
on 1/24/11 8:02 am - UK

If I overeat or eat carelessly, I get slime - thick saliva. But it isn't associated at first with a belch unless I then swallow it.  If I do that, (this is a gross discussion!) it adds to the problem already existing in the pouch and so the slime will come back up, with or without some of the food.

So I usually do my best not to swallow!

But the slime comes before the belch.  Then comes back with a belch! So may not be the same as you are getting.

The slime is just very thick saliva, produced by the body to aid digestion. Unfortunately, the last thing we bandsters need is something else to land on an already full pouch!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

rere10
on 1/24/11 8:44 am
Thank you very much.  I'm sure your right on this.  I'll just have to be more careful.  It's probably I ate to much and the slime comes and I thinking something else.

Your a great help.  Thanks much 

Regina 

Most Active