pain on the upper side of my legs?

abbylamami66
on 1/24/11 2:21 am - MA

I suffer with restless legs syndrome. After getting the lap band im experiencing bad pain on the side of my legs. I thought that it was from having to sleep on my side beacuse of the band but now i can sleep on my stomach , the pain is still there its worse some days then others. is anyone experiencing this pain???

Shaesnana
on 1/24/11 6:17 am - Davenport, FL
I don't have that problem and I'm sorry you are having pain.  I would check with your dr that diagnosed your RLS and see if it is related.  Sorry I can't be of help.

Christy S.
on 1/24/11 8:51 am - Plano, TX
I don't have restless leg syndrome but I have been having the same pain. I went to the chiropractor and he said that it was caused from my sciatic nerve being pinched and it could very well be caused from the way I was sleeping. He adjusted me and it took a couple of days but I finally feel better. I've had this happen before and the only thing that has helped is getting adjusted. Also, to help with the pain I took anti inflammatories and put ice on it. Whatever you do, don't use heat. Heat will temporarily relieve the pain but in fact makes it worse. Hope this helps.

paint2heal
on 1/24/11 2:21 pm - Belle, WV
What kind of pain?  Is it on the outside of your thigh?  Is it a sharp, tingly type of pain?  Do you have some numbness there also?  I've had this problem before after I was hospitalized a few years ago for blood clots in my lungs.  The doctor said it was caused by a nerve being pinched because I was overweight.  I told him I was fat BEFORE I went in the hospital and didn't have that pain until after I was released. 
Carla         
Join my 6 WEEK Summer time Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!! from July 11 thru August 22nd.  Join anytime!!!!
SW168/CW162/GW151

MaMa_M
on 1/24/11 8:34 pm - MI
LOL...Carla you made me smile! I agree, doctors like to blame things they can't explain on what they think is the obvious! I have had both the tingling and warm feeling in my outer thigh area and bad leg cramps in my lower legs around my ankles and front of my shins. I have had bloodwork done but all my levels are fine.
MaMa M

Jean M.
on 1/24/11 9:16 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
I don't have RLS but I do have bad leg and hip pain. I don't think it has anything to do with my band. If I were you, I'd talk about it with whatever doc diagnosed RLS and try chiropractic treatment. And ask the chiropractor for advice about sleeping positions. I have to sleep with pillows propping me up here, there, and everywhere.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Stephanie M.
on 1/24/11 11:29 pm
Hi there...went to your profile to get a clue from your history, but nothing is there...so will offer one alternative to what has already been offered. 

If you are using a treadmill and have it on a pretty steep incline, you could have an overuse injury called IT Band inflammation.  Basically it is inflammation of the facia of the muscles that make up the quads in your thighs and the IT Band which is a tendon or ligament (I always get confused).  I had this in the late 90s when I lost 80 lbs and was on the treadmill for 5 miles per day at 12% incline.  It required 3 months of PT and massage, along with icing several times per day.  I still have spots of inflammation that are tender to the touch.  I would wake up screaming at night from the pain....

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

abbylamami66
on 1/25/11 9:33 pm - MA

Thanks you guys for your responses. well i did go see my primary doc yesterday . i have bursitis on both of my legs. I guess I danced too hard on the operating table, the pain started right after my surgery. ?? cortizone shot should take care of it.. (I hope)

Most Active