Lookin Good Doc Said :o)

steelerfan1
on 1/24/11 9:50 am
Well had my second appt today since my surgery on 11/22/10.  Everything is lookin good according to my doc

I am down another 8.5 pounds since Dec 22ND  which I'm thrilled about during the holidays and lose almost 9 pounds I have never done that before !!!   I have had a really rough couple of weeks lately been depressed about my weight .

This past week was the first time I had to deal with my period since my lapband and it was a ***** lol.  I had terrible munchies , moody , and retaining water like there was no tomorrow.

I knew I had lost more then 8.5 today because I'm still retaining water I can tell it in my ankles and my wedding bands , but that will be a jump start for my next four weeks goal which is another 8-10 pounds .

And drum roll skipped another fill !!! I'm thrilled with that also two months after surgery and not a fill yet my band is empty the day he put it in me :o) 

I'm down a total of 32 pounds and 20 inches

Doc said as long as I'm losing my 8-10 pounds per month he will leave me alone with the needle lol., which makes me very happy as long as I can avoid a stick I will do it lol.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

cathiec
on 1/24/11 9:54 am - Toms River, NJ
Congrats to you Great Job!!

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/24/11 9:57 am - Mexico
Good job!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
steelerfan1
on 1/24/11 10:20 am
thanks Cathie and Bubbles :o)  My next goal is to be at 309 by the 28th of Feb that is my  next doc appt.

He did say today since I have skipped two fills if I ever feel like Im getting into trouble I can call and he will schedule me in for a fill.

He asked me today and I had to really think about this one he caught me off guard. lol.  He knows Im terrified of needles and he is wondering if Im playing a huge mental game with myself right now because I dont want to go and get that first fill done because I dont know what to expect and it requires needles.

I just never thought about it that way to be honest .  Maybe I am playing that game with myself beacause of being scared to get my first fill

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

blessed_1970
on 1/25/11 12:30 am
On January 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote:
thanks Cathie and Bubbles :o)  My next goal is to be at 309 by the 28th of Feb that is my  next doc appt.

He did say today since I have skipped two fills if I ever feel like Im getting into trouble I can call and he will schedule me in for a fill.

He asked me today and I had to really think about this one he caught me off guard. lol.  He knows Im terrified of needles and he is wondering if Im playing a huge mental game with myself right now because I dont want to go and get that first fill done because I dont know what to expect and it requires needles.

I just never thought about it that way to be honest .  Maybe I am playing that game with myself beacause of being scared to get my first fill

I PROMISE YOU CANT EVEN FEEL THE NEEDLE AT ALL!!! I DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT THE NEEDLE!! I WAS TERRIFIED ALSO!!! I GOT ALL WORKED UP FOR NOTHING!!! I GO BACK FEB 4 AND IM NOT NERVOUS AT ALL!! GOOD LUCK!! YOUR DOING AWESOME!!! IVE LOST 30 POUNDS SINCE MY SURGURY!! I LOVE MY BAND!!!  JOYCE
Wendybrum
on 1/24/11 10:25 am - Oceanside, NY
 WooHoo
Keep up the good hard work.
Wendy

NCB1997
on 1/24/11 12:41 pm
Congrats! Your are doing Great!! But don't be afraid of a fill. I was really freaked out and was caught off guard on getting one only 2 weeks post op and let me tell you it was a breeze. I felt a little discomfort a few hours after the fill, but the initial fill was honestly fine.
I am scheduled for a 2nd fill on Feb 4th. I am sure I will be freaked out again, that is just my nature. I am hoping it goes smooth again.
Keep up the good job!
Nancy B.    
MizzRI
on 1/24/11 9:12 pm - Charlestown, RI
Congrats Steeler Fan! 

Ya know, even if it is a mental game youre playing with yourself about not wanting the needle, its working!! 

I had my surgery a few weeks after you but, like you, I havent had any fills yet and have an empty band and have been EXTREMELY lucky to feel restriction without the fills.  I was suppose to go for my second post-op visit last week but my surgeon had to cancel and I go Feb 10th.  Im not sure I really need a fill yet though....maybe by the 10th I may feel differently I dont know but for now, Im happy with how I feel and Im down almost 30lbs with the restriction that I have.

Also, another Congratulations is in order!  SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!  Good for you!  Im a Patriots fan (no boo'ing lol) but my Mom has always been a Steelers fan so shes pretty happy right now.  So I will be cheering you guys on Super Bowl Sunday!  Good Luck!
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 9:23 pm - Des Moines, IA
Congrats on your weight loss!  You are doing SUPER! 
I actually went 3 months without fluid in my band and lost 30 pounds in what some call bandster hell, but I was weird and called it Bandster heaven!  hee hee
FunnyFlamingo2010
on 1/24/11 9:35 pm
Keep up the good work!  You are doing awesome!

Steph  =-)

Lapand surgery 1-6-2010
1st fill 2-16-2010   3.5cc for a total of 5.5 cc
2nd fill scheduled 3-24-2010   NO FILL!!  
3rd fill scheduled 5-11-10  NO FILL =-)
July 1st fill   
August 26 fill   6.8 cc's
November 17 fill   7.2cc's

- 138 lbs GONE!!! 

I am soooo lovin' my band!
It keeps me honest  =-)

Most Active