??? Gall bladder vets???

Hislady
on 1/23/11 10:26 am - Vancouver, WA
Were you exhausted before you got that hummer out? I just can't drag my butt out of bed, I'm soooo tired. I think hubs is getting a little tired of it, tho he hasn't really said anything, cause he's too nice. I just want to get back to my life without having to sleep all day and night! Were any of the rest of you this way?
crystal M.
on 1/23/11 10:34 am - Joliet, IL

For me no tiredness.  I was sick and nauseous. Every attack I had the sick feeling got worse and worse.  So after a couple of ER  visits to stop the throwong up I finally got it taken out.  I had it taken out a year before WLS.  It was only a bit more painful than the band surgery....but not by much. 

DebbieAnn
on 1/23/11 12:29 pm

Hi Hislady, I was exhausted and sick, I never knew where I'd be when I'd get an attack and it seemed like I just wanted to be in bed. My husband said he just wanted me to be better. It took a while to get them to see it was my gall-bladder. I showed my bariatric doctor my test that they had sent me around getting, (one doctor even told me it was from taking half a motrin). My doctor looked at the cd's and said he was going to take out my gall-bladder. YAY!! I was in little to no pain after, just groggy for a couple of days. It gave me my life back, and I'm going strong again. I had gotten used to feeeling bad everyday that just a few days after I felt like superwoman!! Good Luck!
Debbie :  )

Cheryl N.
on 1/23/11 12:48 pm - Des Moines, WA
No I never felt tired, but I had been having dull throbbing pain in my right side since Nov 2009.... then I had my first attack July 6th, 2010, went to Urgent Care, they found nothing, and didn't even do an ultrasound, grrrr and they sent me home. Pain went away ...

July 19th at 1 am the pain woke me up, tried taking maalox, it didn't help so I called 24 hr consulting nurse, they told me to come in, I didnt come in right away and tried to go back to sleep, I couldn't sleep so I just gave up and drove myself to Urgent Care.  I told the dr. I suspected it was gallstones, an she agreed so had to wait a few hours for ultrasound techs, to come in.... sure enuf it was the gallstones and had the surgery a few hours later and went home at 7 pm that night so I spent 15 hours there.

I haven't had any issues since then!

Call hyour surgeon and ask for an ultrasound.

Good luck!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Hislady
on 1/23/11 1:44 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well glad to hear at least one of you was exhausted and lucky folks you other 2! I see a surgeon tomorrow so hopefully this alien thing will be gone soon. I can literally sleep all night and a good part of the day and when I wake up I'm still exhausted. I sure hope the surgery does the trick! Thanks all!
NOVIA 88 8
on 1/23/11 2:11 pm - OR

Sorry to heard that.
In my case I just had my gallbladder surgery  3 weeks ago, and I only took one week off from work, and and the second week it was just light duty. I didn't had stones my problem was the slush.The only thing that I did experienced after the surgery was, that my stomach was hurting so bad, not my side but my stomach. my Dr. didn't know why .But the pain was similar to the band  surgery. I was not able to eat or drink that much the first 24 hrs. because of the nausea. I think some of the gas from the surgery  went inside my stomach. I  am so lucky because the same team who did my band surgery also did my gallbladder surgery, am so happy for that.
The recovery time is similar to the band, and is better if you lap band Dr. is the one following this.
Hope you feel better.

psychomom
on 1/24/11 4:57 am - China Grove, NC
Maybe you are just worn down from the stress and pain of it all ! I was not really tired but I got so scared to eat I dropped a ton of weight and felt terrible .Maybe that is it. Good luck to you !

Most Active