WORS BAND NEWS EVER

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 8:45 am - alexandria, VA
 Wow I am sorry to hear that, I would call Allergan and see if they can help you. But since you are  5 years out, you may have a very hard argument for them to pay for a defective band, but I would at least try to get them to cover some of the costs.

Two friends in my support group had mechanical problems with their bands too and they were self pay, but all of us that had insurance to pay for our bands have had no issues or complications with our bands, I wonder if those who are self paying for their bands don't get as good quality bands as those of use that go through insurance, I have always wondered about that since everyone that I know that paid out of pocket has has some type of issue with their bands. I am sorry you had to go through this.
miss.pug
on 1/23/11 9:09 am
They said it was no harm leaving the band as is, to have it removed would be the same cost as having port/tube replaced.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/23/11 9:36 am - Mexico
What if you have the port and tubing replaced in MX? There are some great surgeons here and it would likely be very affordable.

I know they can replace a port with local anesthesia but I don't know if they can replace the tubing that way. I have a friend *****jects ports and she's had a couple. I can ask her how much it was to replace the port if you want. Actually, i'll send her a link to this thread.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 9:37 am
miss.pug
on 1/23/11 11:58 pm
lap-band 4cc
Thundergrrrl
on 1/23/11 12:34 pm, edited 1/23/11 12:34 pm
I would definitely call Allergan and pitch a fit till someone listens. They bill this as a permanent/lifelong solution so for it to crap out after five years is just not acceptable.  I don't believe there is anything you personally could have done to cause damage of this sort so it basically has to be a defect in their product. If nothing else, they should pay for the replacement, if you want a new one.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Most Active