WORS BAND NEWS EVER

miss.pug
on 1/23/11 8:07 am

Well it's official....after 5 years of being banded, my band tube kinked and split open. I am a self-pay and cannot have the surgery re-done. So, I am now my own and scared to death, and putting on weight. I don't know what to do. It's like I don't even have a band after all of this. Lost 90lbs. with band, and got very close to goal weight of 155.

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/23/11 8:11 am - Mexico
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.

Are you saying the band itself broke open or the plastic bubble inside the band?

Atkins... keep carbs low. If it has flour or sugar in it, don't eat it.

Get a job at Starbucks?? They provide WLS benefits even if you are only there part time.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
adorkbl
on 1/23/11 8:13 am, edited 1/23/11 8:13 am
On January 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM Pacific Time, WASaBubbleButt wrote:

Get a job at Starbucks?? They provide WLS benefits even if you are only there part time.

Are you freaking SERIOUS!? I am applying tomorrow!!

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/23/11 8:50 am - Mexico
On January 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM Pacific Time, adorkbl wrote:
On January 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM Pacific Time, WASaBubbleButt wrote:

Are you freaking SERIOUS!? I am applying tomorrow!!

Yep, assuming it is still the same as 2010 you only have to work 20 hours a week.  This has been posted time and time again so I can only assume it is true.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
adorkbl
on 1/23/11 8:12 am
Oh no. I am so sorry. Hang in there. Don't be discouraged. Remember what the band taught you. You CAN do this. ((HUGS))

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

miss.pug
on 1/23/11 8:16 am

No bubble...actually split or something....saline all gone :(

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 8:31 am
Oh my goodness.  This is my worse nightmare come true.  Are you at least having the broken pieces removed?
Jean M.
on 1/23/11 8:33 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Why don't you call Allergan and ask if they can help with the cost of revisional surgery? If you or your surgeon can persuade them that the problem with your tubing is the result of a manufacturing defect, I would think they'd owe you some kind of compensation. Couldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

Allergan product support - 800-624-4261

Good luck!
Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

debbie H.
on 1/23/11 9:14 am - AR
Jean, I'm a newby, but have read several of your posts. You give very good proactive advice.

Jean M.
on 1/23/11 8:05 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Thanks, Debbie!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active