Not to scare anyone off, but my band has been a nightmare.

L. 68
on 1/23/11 7:07 am
this message is for you too christina

feel better

i hope all works out for you .  
Christine S.
on 1/23/11 7:17 am
THanks Rubina

I have actually looked into seeing someone else. The problem I haad is finding someone who would take me who did not DO the surgery. I did find someone in New Brunswick and as soon as I have my check up on Wednesday the plan is to get my records and move. It just annoys me that this guy will get to do this to someone else!! 

Christine
adorkbl
on 1/23/11 7:43 am, edited 1/23/11 7:44 am
I am so sorry. It sounds like hell. I just had my port replaced a few days ago and I cannot SEE my port anymore now than I could before. I don't think that is normal... at all. And to still be in that much pain, also I don't think that is normal. I am 6 days out, and I still have some pain from my incision... but the feeling like I had been hit with a baseball bat left a few days ago.

I know they say "tubing punctures" are a risk with fills... but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I am self pay and it pissed me off so bad I ignored it for a long time (my leak).. BUT... my Dr was NEVER condescending, he ALWAYS listened, and never made me feel like I was have "head hunger" etc.

I would take your records and go elsewhere. OR what about Dr Boraro? Can he do your follow-up from now on? He sounded like he actually listened and got some resolution to the initial issue.

Good luck. Hang in there. I wanted to rip my band out during the whole is it leaking or not crap... but I am looking forward to getting back to work once I get restriction back. *fingers crossed*

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/23/11 8:32 am - Mexico
I do hope you go to your next appt with the same attitude and determination you show in your post. You have a right to be fed up. He clearly checked your port and tubing when he did your original surgery so there was no lea****il he filled you. Then you had to pay him again to fix his own mistake.

Don't hesitate to announce to the waiting room what a jackass he is. I've done that before, amazingly it worked like a charm. I went to a new dentist and he claimed I needed braces (my teeth are perfect, I had braces as a kid) and he told me I had 9 cavities. For thousands of dollars he could fix me right up.

I made an appt with another dentist for a 2nd opinion and went to the first one to get my xrays and such. They refused to give them to me. The receptionist called the doctor on the phone, he was in the back. He refused. They really can't do that. So I turned my butt around and looked at a large waiting room full of people and started speaking, loudly. I told them this guy said I have 9 cavities and I need braces and since I want a 2nd opinion they won't give me my xrays. One lady asked me to smile, she wanted to see if my teeth were straight so I did. She was disgusted when I showed her the estimate he was wanting to charge and she actually took her child and walked out of the office.

Suddenly they couldn't give me my records fast enough to get me out of there.

Went for a 2nd opinion, not a cavity in my head and braces... the dentist laughed. ;o)

So be the squeaky wheel, remind him he works for you, it's not the other way around and don't hesitate to be firm and loud.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Jean M.
on 1/23/11 8:37 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Not to be nit-picky, but I think it'd be more accurate to say that your SURGEON has been a nightmare rather than your band. The stuff you've been through with him is BULLCRAP! If I were you, I would definitely be looking for a new surgeon.

Good luck!
Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/23/11 8:46 am - Mexico
I notice that you haven't written a patient testimonial for your doctor. Don't you think now is a good time to do that? ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Kate -True Brit
on 1/23/11 8:57 am - UK

Not sure how these things work in teh US but your surgeon sounds dreadful and a  new doc could only improve things!! Sorry this is all been so awful for you!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

ldybrigit
on 1/23/11 9:48 am - Rockledge, FL
 I am very sorry you have very poor aftercare it seems with a Surgeon with NO bedside manner what-so-ever.  As a nurse this was very important to me in my search for an MD prior to my surgery.  I have never had one complaint from my MD.. I would definitely go elsewhere for aftercare my dear.. YOU deserve to feel how GREAT this band experience can be.
*lighting a candle for perseverance*
Whitney
Thundergrrrl
on 1/23/11 12:23 pm
Oh my god! That's ridiculous and NOTHING like what my experience has been (thank God.) I cannot even imagine having the kind of patience you've had to put up with that. I would have been contacting a malpractice lawyer way before now.  Ok, so obviously there's a lot of stuff not working and it sounds like the practice you're seeing just isn't on the up and up either. Or maybe just too busy or not smart. Can you change doctors? Can you get a revision to another surgery? Do you want to pursue other choices? You will only do more harm if you keep going in this direction. Not being able to eat due to pain and not being able to live your life due to pain is not what this is supposed to be like.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Christine S.
on 1/23/11 9:41 pm
First of all thanks so much for all the responses. Some you actually made me laugh out loud - wasbubblebutt!! - LOL!! The dentist story is perfect and believe me this guys waiting room is so full it can be standing room only. I will have no problem at all letting his potential patients know the deal.
Jean M - you are absolutely right. My SURGEON has been a nightmare not my band. Thanks for that - I was so heated when I wrote that I didn't make the distinction.

As for being this determined when I go Tuesday, I am beyond determined and more on the verge of p*ssed off!! Sorry - it's the truth!! lol..

I am always amazed how much better I feel after going on here and I don't know why I wasn't here sooner. I guess I was just so annoyed and disgusted I was avoiding it.

So , I go Wednesday and will take it from there. I do have another Dr all lined up just need to get my records. Which I think I am going to do regardless. This guy is a nightmare and I have had enough.

On  a lighter note I start a new job today - been a stay at home mom for 5 years! - so my nerves are shot over that now!! Lol!!! It's always something.

I'll keep everyone posted and thanks again SO much - you guys are fabulous!!

Christine
Most Active