TamifromAl

PaintingChef
on 1/22/11 11:58 pm - TN
I read the thread and it got pretty ridiculous but I actually had wondered the exact thing that Tami had asked Maria.  It looked like a paid advertisement for Starbucks.  And there isn't anything wrong with that but if you are getting paid to post something, then legally (and just a common courtesy to the online community) you need to disclose that and I think Maria got offended when Tami asked her.  But then again, there may have been some history there that I know nothing about.  I'm relatively new around here and not interested in making any waves, just trying to lose some weight and not do it all by myself.

The whole thing got out of hand and I'm really sad to see Tami go.  It could have just been a simple exchange but everyone kind of got too emotional.  Just my two cents...
My blog:  PaintingChef

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/23/11 1:22 am - Mexico
On January 23, 2011 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, PaintingChef wrote:
I read the thread and it got pretty ridiculous but I actually had wondered the exact thing that Tami had asked Maria.  It looked like a paid advertisement for Starbucks.  And there isn't anything wrong with that but if you are getting paid to post something, then legally (and just a common courtesy to the online community) you need to disclose that and I think Maria got offended when Tami asked her.  But then again, there may have been some history there that I know nothing about.  I'm relatively new around here and not interested in making any waves, just trying to lose some weight and not do it all by myself.

The whole thing got out of hand and I'm really sad to see Tami go.  It could have just been a simple exchange but everyone kind of got too emotional.  Just my two cents...

Maria is a brand new newbie blogger.  Even if Starbucks did pay bloggers for advertising and I doubt they do, they wouldn't pick out a newbie blogger.

She just found a product she thought people would be interested in, that's all.

She's promoting her blog, not Star Bucks.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active