Changes in hair and scalp...

msfitnezza
on 1/23/11 9:38 am
Hey fellow bandsters,

I do not post often, however I decided to run a question by all of you experts who have the lapband....I am experiencing some changes in my hair--especially my scalp.  I have never had dry scalp or dry patches in my hair ever in my entire life.  I am not certain that having the lapband is contributing to this issue, but I wanted to see what others may or may not have experienced as far as hair and scalp changes.

I plan on seeing a dermatologist, if after I try a few scalp treatments things do not improve or disappear all together.  Itching and flaking scalp....
Hill_Star
on 1/23/11 2:46 pm
 I've had my surgery about 10 months or longer ago and I'm dealing with the same thing. Whats worst is my hair is falling out awful. I've always had a few to come out but I'm talking like bald spots now with the worst itching ever. The doctor told me to take Biotin..I can't tell its doing anything at all but making my hair grow faster. If you find anything that is helping your or does help please let me know. Good luck!!!

Sebrena
aBeautyWithin
on 1/24/11 1:30 am
Wow, i didnt even think to correlate the 2. I too have dry scalp. I normally have oily hair but this dandruff is coming out of nowhere. I havent had this problem ever!
follow your bliss..

Kate -True Brit
on 1/24/11 3:28 am - UK

I have no idea if this is band related - but about a year after being banded I got what was later diagnosed as seborrheic dermatitis. In my case, it manifests itself as dry patches on my scalp which sometimes itch, are often lumpy and give off flakes like large dandruff.

I used to have excema as a child and just assumed this was related to that. Once diagnosed, treatment was easy. A scalp application to put on morning and night, Non-oily, totally absorbed. Clears it in about 3 days. Then i am OK for a time, weeks or even months. Soon as i get itchy on goes the Betnovate Scalp Application and it never develops. In the UK, we can only get this treatment through a doc not OTC.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active