Healthier Fast Food With Starbucks

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/21/11 9:27 am - Mexico
I think Tami is taking this a bit far.

Maria.. why not just block Tami, might be the best solution here.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
MARIA F.
on 1/25/11 4:08 am - Athens, GA
Actually I never block anyone. I think it's childish. I can choose to read their post or not.............even thouogh Tami and I disagree on this, she has had some interesting post from time to time.

So why did Tami deactivate her account???

FormerlyFluffy.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/21/11 9:49 am - Mexico
Tami...

As I explained on another thread on the MB... hits on a blog are ego based. I average 169 new people daily on my blog. So what? It means nothing. I could have 1,000,000 hits and it doesn't mean I make anything. Hits are totally ego based. It could mean people are clicking on google ads and if I permitted that, and I don't, that would earn some cash. But just clicking on the link means nothing financially.

Bloggers can potentially earn freebie crap if they do product reviews. That's just not my thing, sure... I've gotten freebie crap before (and I DO mean crap) but i just give it away to someone who needs it. I don't do product reviews.

***IF*** someone follows the rules for OH and does things the right way, i don't care if they promote their blog. But yes, I agree, they need to play the game and follow the rules.

Me? I just started my blog for newbies because I post the same stuff day after day to the same questions posted day after day. It's easier to post a link than to write it all out again. I'm lazy, I admit it. I didn't know my blog would turn out to be a hit. I'm glad, i want newbies to research their options and their surgeon. That's all.

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/11 10:37 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Ego is one thing...and it can be a BIG thing...

I have no problem with anyone having a blog.  It's a great way to sort out your own thoughts, and to share them with other people.

But, receiving compensation (whether $$, benefits, or products) for posting information on a blog and not disclosing the connection between the advertiser and the blogger is something altogether different.  Even if the product is given away, the blogger should say, "Hey, I received some _______ from the manufacturer, and I'm giving it away!"  Nothing wrong with that at all! Then everyone knows what's up.  The manufacturer gets their name out, the blogger gets to offer something to their readers, and the readers (maybe) get some benefit.  

The FTC adopted their guidelines because blogs can be used to manipulate for profit. 

OH has their opinion on the subject.  

Personally, I'm all for honesty.  That's all.  

Tami

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/21/11 10:42 am - Mexico
On January 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM Pacific Time, TamiFromAL wrote:
Ego is one thing...and it can be a BIG thing...

I have no problem with anyone having a blog.  It's a great way to sort out your own thoughts, and to share them with other people.

But, receiving compensation (whether $$, benefits, or products) for posting information on a blog and not disclosing the connection between the advertiser and the blogger is something altogether different.  Even if the product is given away, the blogger should say, "Hey, I received some _______ from the manufacturer, and I'm giving it away!"  Nothing wrong with that at all! Then everyone knows what's up.  The manufacturer gets their name out, the blogger gets to offer something to their readers, and the readers (maybe) get some benefit.  

The FTC adopted their guidelines because blogs can be used to manipulate for profit. 

OH has their opinion on the subject.  

Personally, I'm all for honesty.  That's all.  

Tami

I totally agree.

Jean M.
on 1/23/11 8:26 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Tami,

I think I understand why you questioned Maria about the rewards she might achieve from product endorsements. Her blog appears to be void of original author content - all I could see was product "recommendations", links to places to buy products, and "news" items that make me wonder if Maria subscribes to some kind of news feed.  But that blog isn't an OH blog, so what she posts there is her business. Maria isn't the only one with a link to a blog in her OH signature. I do that too. An OH member can choose to click on that link, or not.

I wish you hadn't deactivated your OH membership and I don't know if you'll even see this post of mine. I just feel like I need to throw a few boulders onto this rocking boat to give it some ballast.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Norma 1010
on 1/21/11 11:37 am - Pflugerville, TX
Hey Maria, thanks for the tip. I didn't realize starbucks had healthy food options. This wrap looks really delicious.

NORMA

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

MARIA F.
on 1/25/11 3:50 am - Athens, GA
Your very welcome Norma. I posted it b/c what I usually see ppl suggesting for healthier fast food is Wendy's chilli or Taco Bell's pintos and cheese (and I do love the pintos and cheese!). I think Starbucks is a good option as well.

FormerlyFluffy.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/21/11 9:50 pm - Mexico
Tami, fine.

Maria, would you clear this up please? Did Starbucks send you a feta cheese wrap and a cup of coffee in the mail so you would start this thread?

MARIA F.
on 1/25/11 3:51 am - Athens, GA
On January 22, 2011 at 5:50 AM Pacific Time, WASaBubbleButt wrote:
Tami, fine.

Maria, would you clear this up please? Did Starbucks send you a feta cheese wrap and a cup of coffee in the mail so you would start this thread?

Lmao. No, they didn't give me a feta cheese wrap.............or even a cup of coffee! If they ever do perhaps I'll take a trip down to south AL and share with Tami. ;-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active