NSV-Going skiing!

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 7:27 am
Talk about things that could not have happened this time last year!  Tomorrow will be 1 year since I sat in my first pre-op appointment and the day that I started the pre-op diet.  Now, one year later, I will be completing the very first goal I set out---to get back on the slopes!  We are headed to Perfect North for a few hours of night skiing.

Last year and 100 lbs ago I would have made excuses about how I didn't really want to go out with everyone else, instead of admitting that I was too embarrassed that my ankles would not support my weight and my calves were too fat to fit into my boots.
See ya'll on the slopes! 
Cocobean
on 1/22/11 7:43 am
 Oh that is so cool!  This is exactly what one of my goals is for next winter.  I just told my husband the other night I wanted to go skiing again.  Enjoy for me too please.  I miss it and have used all the above excuses not to go.  I'm 4 days post op and already dreaming and writing down all the stuff I would like to do again.  
Have fun and congratulations!
janice34
on 1/22/11 8:32 am
Good for you!!!! Hope you have lots of fun!
Stephanie M.
on 1/22/11 9:44 am
Yea for you!!!  Night skiing is so much fun!  I don't think I will ever get back on the boards, but we always had so much fun taking our kids up to Stevens Pass for a little night skiing...Good for you!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 10:12 am - Des Moines, IA
Can't wait to hear how it went!  Congrats!
kte29
on 1/22/11 11:58 pm
Congrats!  I hope you had a great time.  I'm a skiier too, so I completely understand.  When I would demo skiis I'd always be so embarassed to have to enter my weight, but I wouldn't want to lie since that could be dangerous.  And ski clothes are so puffy as it is.  So nice to be 100 pounds lighter in them!  I hope I'm in your position next ski season!
Most Active