Three days post op.

MomTo3Ds
on 1/21/11 12:25 am

I'm having a difficult time drinking the protein shakes. I know it takes some time, before you find one you like. I just want to make sure I'm getting my protein during this time.
My doctor had to unfill me the day after, because I wasn't able to consume more than 3 oz. of diluted apple juice.
Boy oh boy, that wasn't fun, right after surgery. 
I'm hoping in a few more days, I'm able to get around better. 

Wishing you all the best of luck on this journey.  

twinkles_064
on 1/21/11 1:03 am
I used Carniation Sugar Free protein drink.  It comes in three flavors.  They were simple to drink.  He also suggested  Au Pur from GNC that was the hardest part to get used to.  It takes time just relax and rest you need at this point. 

Take a deep breathe smile and relax.

JoMixx
on 1/21/11 1:25 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Hi I use the Sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast also.  I microwave it and the milk for a minute, stir and microwave a minute and then drop a little instant coffee in.  Its like a yummy mocha!  Give it a try - a box is $5 but you can get it at WalMart a little cheaper.  At least you won't waste a ton of money.
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
fairy_kissez
on 1/21/11 4:03 am - Albuquerque, NM
It took forever for me to find one that I liked as well. But I did find one. Elite makes a chocolate mint that is wonderful and its not pricy at $17, I buy mine at vitamin shoppe and you can order it from them online.

~Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Cocobean
on 1/21/11 1:09 pm
 May I suggest Jay Robb egg white protein (they also make whey protein) shake mix in Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry and are SO good. No sugar added, sweetened with Stevia. I mix a banana in with the Vanilla or Stawberry to make smoothies since I'm not a huge fruit fan. I have just straight vanilla I add a little cinnamon and nutmeg and I feel like I'm cheating with eggnog. I make the 8 oz and split it between two of my three shake intakes.  My husband lost a bunch of weight last year and is really into fitness now, so he's tasted the gammet of protein shakes and says this one by far is his favorite. I think they're really yummy and have 24 grams of protein per scoop serving. You can get Jay Robb at Krogers. 

Here's the website for Jay Robb
http://www.jayrobb.com/ 

I was banded on the 18th too.  So sorry to hear you had to do a fill right after surgery, I could only imagine that was pretty uncomfortable.  Keep us posted in how you're doing and good luck finding something you like.  
Most Active