Diet plans in conjunction with LapBand?

Kate -True Brit
on 1/22/11 4:31 pm, edited 1/22/11 4:31 pm - UK

WW is quite popular with bandsters, alhtough you may have to adapt as you will not be able to eat the quantities they suggest. But I think it is the support element which helps - not the ready made meals!

But I really think that you need to sort out home cooking. Tnis is not just while you lose weight. You have to commit to a lifelong change and you can't live on pre-prepared meals for the rest of your life. And if any programme includes shakes - the band does not work with shakes! Some people, use them as a supplement or if they are tight in the morning but generally speaking, liquid calories do not give us the fullness we need.

You can do a half-way compromise if you really don't want to cook. The meal I had last night is  a perfect example. I had a piece of cod in light batter, ready made! All i did was put it in the oven. I then boiled a few frozen peas and two small new potatoes. Hardly cordon bleu cooking but very tasty! The fish  was 255 cals and the peas and potatoes about 80. So around 340 cals. You could even do a few oven chips instead of the new pots! Even less cooking and 4 low fat  large oven chips aren't high cal! SORRY  - fries to you not chips! In fact as all the fries I had in the US were very thin and very salty, they might be what you call wedges?? Is that right?  Whatever!!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jsmiles
on 1/22/11 11:39 pm - NY
Lap Band on 01/13/11 with
Hey Kate,

When I did WW, I wasn't too fond of the support groups, they would always fade to neighborhood gossip about who quit the program and who went to another location. I didn't find them as productive for me and I guit attending and tried using the 'points finder' and other books/resources I'd purchased on my own. I lean toward NS because tI had the most success with NS.

I too am far away from Cordon Bleu cooking! But when I do cook, my meats/seafoods are grilled (Foreman Grill). The only fried foods I eat are fried eggs if I'm cooking. Funny, we call large fries wedges and thin cut fries, well...fries! LOL!!

Thanks for your feedback!
jsmiles
on 1/22/11 11:43 pm - NY
Lap Band on 01/13/11 with
I appreciate everyone's feedback/suggestions thus far. However, I don't want anyone to think I am looking for the 'easy way' out with prepackaged foods or that I do not understand the concept that Band is now my way of life.

I am searching for a program that will help me on my journey not one that will take the journey for me. As a college student working full time, there will be times when I am unable to make my meals at home. I'd prefer to have a NS or WW meal on the go than try to improvise at a local restaurant.

Thanks again!!
Kate -True Brit
on 1/23/11 1:47 am - UK

It sounds sensible if your life is so busy to take pressure off whenever you can!  Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active