More Painful than I Expected...

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 2:35 am - Des Moines, IA
So are you able to keep fluids down now?  Drinking water shouldn't cause heartburn and the fact that you threw up water, after drinking during the night is concerning.  If you are able to keep fluids down then it's okay, but with the post op swelling and the fact that they put fluid in your band, you might be too tight.  Please let your surgeon know if you can't keep hydrated.   You really don't want to throw up so soon after surgery.  Your band needs to settle in, ( scar tissue to form around your band to prevent slips. )  I've only vomited 3xs in 18 months.  Be careful.
PaintingChef
on 1/22/11 9:38 am - TN
So I finally called my doctor this afternoon and he met me at the office and took 2 ccs out of my band.  Apparently he put it in with about 3.5 ccs already filled and with the swelling from the surgery it was just too much for me.  The good news is that now I already know what to expect for an adjustment!!  So quick and easy and holy cow... I sat up and it was the most instant relief I've ever felt.  I'm so much better now and liquids are staying down, no more vomiting.

Thanks for the encouragment everyone!  I appreciate it.  Now that I'm feeling so much better I think I can actually do this.  Because when I wasn't able to keep down three tiny sips of water spaced out over an hour, I was pretty sure that I'd made a mistake.

Sweet relief...
My blog:  PaintingChef

airhead_74
on 1/23/11 8:17 pm
DS on 08/20/12
I too had a lot of sickness the first few days post op. Like you I felt much better after getting sick. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Also glad to hear getting a fill isn'tall that bad. I was nervous about that.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

reneekennedy11
on 1/23/11 11:43 am - CA
Way more painful than I expected also! I cant wait to feel better again! 
airhead_74
on 1/24/11 3:39 am
DS on 08/20/12
So happy you got your surgery. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active