More Painful than I Expected...

PaintingChef
on 1/21/11 6:12 am - TN
Owie.  I'm REALLY sore.  I just got home from surgery and I'm trying so hard to sip water very slowly and in teensy tiny little sips but MAN... I just feel like I have the worst heartburn in the world and it's from ONE SIP of water.

I know I'll feel better tomorrow but right now I feel like such crap, this WAS worth it, right?
My blog:  PaintingChef

grannymedic1
on 1/21/11 6:30 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Try sipping a hot drink, sometimes they go down more easily. I was the odd one who could guzzle water from the start. You have swelling from surgery, but you may find that an antacid will help with the heart burn. If you already take a PPI then get back on it.

The pain from surgery may get a bit worse on day 3, but all in all, it will get better, I promise. Buyers remorse is also common.

Now, for the important stuff, WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

PaintingChef
on 1/21/11 6:33 am - TN
Thanks!  Woohoo... happy to be here.  Just sore and feeling a little pathetic.  Woe is me... (roll eyes here)

A hot drink sound slike a fine idea.  Thanks!
My blog:  PaintingChef

airhead_74
on 1/21/11 6:37 am
DS on 08/20/12
Forgot about the hot tea. It does work wonders

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

airhead_74
on 1/21/11 6:36 am
DS on 08/20/12
I was having second thoughts the first few days after surgery, too. I was miserable and could barely get anything down. A week and a half later I am doing fine and I am so glad I went through with it. Hopefully next week you will feel the same way. The pain gets better in a few days and it gets easier to get things down. I am still having trouble getting all of my liquids down but I am trying. Best of luck to you. It does get better.

JoMixx
on 1/21/11 7:19 am - West Yarmouth, MA
I am glad I wasn't the only one that felt that way! You are right - second week, you start feeling so much better!  I too have problems with getting enough water in, today I started working really hard on making sure I get enough fluids.
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
airhead_74
on 1/21/11 10:04 am
DS on 08/20/12
Glad I'm not alone. I know I have to try harder. My Dr. told me if I become dehydrated I'll have to go to the hospital for iv fluids. So I guess we should all keep that in mind when trying to get in our fluids.

jaxmom
on 1/21/11 8:40 am
you are just home from surgery and you are on the computer instead of at the gym????? lol, just kiddin...
congratulations, loser!!!!!  welcome home. right now you should only be focused on the healing part of your journey. weight loss is next phase. relax and sip slowly. warm tea and broth was easiest for me. jello and cold water was not so much a joy when i first came home. i just looked at my journal, and i wrote that all i had for a few days was ice pops, tea and some broth from my husband's won ton soup. the worst part was the gas. i swear to you that the more you walk, the better you will feel. i know the gas pains did not fully leave my body (my shoulder hurt the 2nd week and i was told it was gas) for a couple of weeks, but was not awful after a few days. you will be fine before you know it. just rest and keep breathing in your little breathy machiney thingy that they gave you (i think all hospitals give that out.. if not, nevermind, lol). anyway, welcome home and congratulations on the beginning of a new and exciting journey and for doing something soooooo great for yourself!!! keep checking in
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

T. Christian
on 1/21/11 9:11 am
Hi guys!  I am supposed to have my surgery on 1/24/11. I have been getting very anxious though. I'm scared! Very scared. I can't wait until its over. How do I add people who had band surgery as my friends on here? I need people who have the same type of surgery I have b/c I know I'm gonna need help and encouragement DAILY.

Painting Chef, I'm sorry you are in pain. I hope it does get better for you!

Telisha
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

airhead_74
on 1/21/11 10:11 am
DS on 08/20/12
I'm the queen of panicand anxiety. I came close to backing out. I'm so glad I did't. Surgery was actually bettr than expected. Try to stay positive and focus on you life after surgery. Your recovery and you new journey. Best wishes to you before, during andafter your surgery. As for adding friends, I'm new to this so I'm not sure how either.

Most Active