weird encounter with my pcp

Wendybrum
on 1/21/11 2:53 am - Oceanside, NY
 I went in because of a rash (TMI i know). My dr says how are you so i told him well never felt better.
He asked if i was kidding. A few minutes later he turned around and said how much weight did you lose! I told him and he said great HOW. Now this guy gave me the approval for the surgery.  Scary.
I guess he forgot then realized i looked different. So it maybe a backhanded NSV or my dr is losing his mind.
Wendy

debbie H.
on 1/21/11 4:29 am - AR
I think sometimes docs get issues on thier minds, either patient or personal, and they just have off days.They don't focus on the chart like they should before they go in the room. It can be very dissapointing.

Thundergrrrl
on 1/21/11 4:40 am
Might wanna switch docs. That's kind of sad!  But hey, if it works for you... my former boss had no memory and his office was plastered with post-it notes to keep him on track.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/11 7:59 am

Well, if you are not in the office frequently he might not remember that he helped  you in your lapband process.  I think you have the right attitude in taking it as an NSV.  Congratulations!

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/11 10:05 pm
After I got my band, I went to see her..she said oh great you're loosing weight..How ya doing it. I told her I had the band..She looked at my incisions. I told her the big one is where the port went in...She Said...WHAT"S A PORT !!!!! I explained it yo her and then she said..I know someone who had WLS..She don't have a port !!!

Petra
Most Active