Got a fill...bigger than expected

Thundergrrrl
on 1/21/11 12:32 am
I went in this AM and of course my doctor was ecstatic with my progress (it's weird cause I don't feel like I've done "that" amazingly but he is always very happy.) I am 10 months post-op and have lost 75% of my excess weight. Officially 30 more lbs to go according to him, guess I need to update the ticker goal to be 155 which would be me right in the middle of my "normal" bmi.  

But I told him the truth, that I've been eating the right way and still needing 1600-1800 calories to be satisfied, which for the past 4 days has been happening like clockwork and it's actually the case for the past 2 months on the days I was "on" (which were less than I would have liked with the holidays and all.)  

He thought I had more in my band than I did. I asked him how much and he said 5.5 but I said I thought it was more like 4.75 and it turns out I was correct. He had lost track at some point because he put some in but then took it out a few minutes later cause I had a lot of discomfort drinking water. This was early after surgery so he's been miscounting a bit the whole time. So now I should have 5.25 in a 10cc band. And I feel like I should DEFINITELY be at a good level of restriction for some time to come.

Monday is my first WW meeting. I am looking forward to having that support as well as my new nutritionist on a weekly basis.  I would do anything just to knock off these last 30 lbs in the next 15 weeks. That would be my dream come true.

I'm sure I'll be reporting back to tell you how this fill is working out for me ;) They always kick in about 2 weeks after but I'm on liquids for 2 days and so far have been quite happy with the 8oz of protein shake I've managed to drink this morning.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

psychomom
on 1/21/11 12:44 am - China Grove, NC
YAY for you !!!! That is awesome that you are so close to your goal .Keep up the good work!!!!

Thundergrrrl
on 1/21/11 12:45 am
Thanks! And what about you? Figure out what's going on? 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

psychomom
on 1/21/11 1:05 am - China Grove, NC
Sorta kinda . LOL  The Prilosec has helped alot. We skipped my fill this time . He explained how the whole acid thing happens and what to avoid and so right now he is just treating it as reflux. :)  Bad news is though that I have to give up caffiene! Ughhhh LOL

Most Active